Spray Painted Honor 5X (Customization) - Pictures Included

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I spray painted my Honor 5X!

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 9.43.30 AM.png

I just used standard spray paint (without varnish, so we'll have to see how the coat holds up). The first layer was black. After that, I covered with a layer of silver, then another layer of black. Then I dusted red and blue in various patterns. Lastly, I did a very light dusting of silver to make the "starry" aesthetic pop out.

Thoughts? Questions? Comment below!

-lumivalo

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That looks pretty unique. Why didn't you do the top section too?

Have you tried to pull off any of it with your finger? If so, does any of it come off?

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
That looks pretty unique. Why didn't you do the top section too?

Have you tried to pull off any of it with your finger? If so, does any of it come off?
Thank you!

I decided not to do the top section because 1) I didn't want to have to go through the process of perfectly covering the headphone jack 2) the plastic might have a different response to spray paint than the metal, causing it to look off.

I have done some experimental rubbing/scratching, and the paint has held up pretty well. I still think it'd look really cool with a clear glossy coat like varnish or clear nail polish, plus it'd be more durable.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

I decided not to do the top section because 1) I didn't want to have to go through the process of perfectly covering the headphone jack 2) the plastic might have a different response to spray paint than the metal, causing it to look off.

I have done some experimental rubbing/scratching, and the paint has held up pretty well. I still think it'd look really cool with a clear glossy coat like varnish or clear nail polish, plus it'd be more durable.

What about an epoxy? Would that be more durable? Although that would be a kinda permanent thing

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably. It's just difficult to get epoxy in a school art lab (lots of red tape).

There are epoxy kits on amazon for under $10. Granted this would be money out of your pocket, and I know every dollar counts when you are a student.

But for others it could be an option especially if they don't have other free options like you.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
There are epoxy kits on amazon for under $10. Granted this would be money out of your pocket, and I know every dollar counts when you are a student.

But for others it could be an option especially if they don't have other free options like you.
Ah, coolio! I will check them out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star