NEW Honor 5x stuck on logo screen after attempting to update

Dakoko

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
So, I just got my new phone and it is Honor 5x. Upon taking it out of the box, I set it up normally as you do on any new phone before using it. I had not done anything else at this point but follow the directions given and the phone was behaving fine. There was a software update and I started it, but then when it went to reboot, it stayed frozen at the Honor logo screen. I have tried various things and looked everywhere. I tried going to the Emui menu and I tried the "factory reset" option and it got up to 32% before saying that it failed, forcing me to shut it down. No matter how many times I try to reboot the phone, it stays at that same logo screen. If I press the volume keys and the power button, it takes me to the download screen but never moves from 0%. I have tried to manually install the update by the use of an SD card. When I tried it after I mounted it on the card, it got to maybe 10% before saying the software update failed and forced me to shut the phone down again. When I tried recovering from the erecovery menu, after connecting to my wifi, it said it failed to get package info and again I had to shutdown the phone. I tried redownloading the update and doing it again incase it somehow downloaded wrong on my laptop but it still has done no change. The farthest I got was when I put the update on the SD card before it failed. It's been hours and I honestly cannot find any other solution, help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To be honest, it sounds like you should return the phone for an exchange or refund. It doesn't seem worthwhile to continue trying to get it to work, especially if there's a possible solution that could invalidate the warranty.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree. You unfortunately you got a defective phone out of the box. I would return or exchange it, and not try to mess around with it anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair