Help! Honor 6X or Axon 7 Mini?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So today I purchased the Axon 7 Mini and I'm not to sure I like the interface or skin. I've owned the Honor 8 a couple of times so I'm more familiar with EMUI. Out of the two devices which do you guys think is the better device overall? Should I take the 7 Mini back and get the 6X? Any help who've had experience with both devices would be greatly appreciated. I am not a huge fan of a 5.5 inch screen but I love EMUI. What do you guys think between these two devices? My third option is the Moto G5 Plus but it's the most expensive and I'm going for budget. The Honor 6x is the cheapest at 179 but again the screen size is huge to me. I'm sure I'd get used to it but I'm torn. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's great... How does it compare to the honor 8?
The biggest difference is the feel of the size and non glass build quality. The interface experience is roughly the same and I promise I'd know having owned the honor 8 twice. Real world you hardly can tell any difference in performance or speed. One other difference is that it still runs 4.1 EMUI which I actually liked better than 5.0. Overall the phone feels huge to me compared to the Honor 8. So the biggest difference is feel. Software wise you get the same experience. Don't get me wrong the 5.5 inch screen is nice to have but I just find it to be a bit too large. 5.2 of the Honor 8 is a pretty good balanced screen size for a phone. It's definitely not a one handed device. I've also found it to be plenty zippy enough browsing the internet. Sites open quickly and apps do not lag either. Watching YouTube or a movie on it is much better of course. I'd say the Honor 8 just gives you that premium feel where the 6X does not. It actually seems to be lighter than the Honor 8 which again comes back to feel. For 179 dollars it's got to be one of the best phones for the money out there. I almost went with the Moto G5 plus as it went on sale today for 199. In fact I'm still thinking about it simply because it has a 5.2 inch screen. Then lastly a friend of mine texted me tonight and said he was selling his 128g iPhone SE and that he'd sell it to me for $150. That's a big time killer deal as it's less than a month old and comes complete with box. If I take the 6x back it'll be because of the deal I can get on the 128g iPhone SE. However I know the SE screen size is just too small but being that it's a 128g it'll retain pretty good value which should be well above the 150 I'm paying for it. It's a buddy deal and one I don't think I should pass up. I'll actually save money getting a much better phone. Had I had another honor 8 I'd probably had just passed on it but the 6x just doesn't have the overall premium feel that the Honor 8 has. For 179 for a new device you'll find it hard to find a better phone for the money in regard to the 6x. I just hope my friend doesn't change his mind by tomorrow as I'll use the SE until the Honor 9 is released then sell the 128g SE and buy the honor 9. Plus I've owned the SE twice now so i have several cases for it already. I just can't pass that deal up being that it's a 128g which is way more space than I'll ever need but it's the most expensive SE you can get and at 150 it's a no brainier. I wish I could keep both but only one so if my friend does not change his mind then the 6x I'll return and wait out the honor 9.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty awesome to hear that it performs so well, and that there isn't much difference in performance!

How does the metal body feel compared to say the iPhone?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's pretty awesome to hear that it performs so well, and that there isn't much difference in performance!

How does the metal body feel compared to say the iPhone?
Not quite as premium from a weight standpoint. The 6x is pretty light weight. Seemed hollow to me. I ended up taking it back as the 5.5 inch screen was just too large for me. I like something between 5 and 5.2 inches. If it had been smaller I'd kept it. The fingerprint sensor was fast and camera very good. Overall a very good device that you can't beat for the price point.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not quite as premium from a weight standpoint. The 6x is pretty light weight. Seemed hollow to me. I ended up taking it back as the 5.5 inch screen was just too large for me. I like something between 5 and 5.2 inches. If it had been smaller I'd kept it. The fingerprint sensor was fast and camera very good. Overall a very good device that you can't beat for the price point.

How does the camera compare to the honor 8?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's pretty amazing especially at the price tag! Too bad it's too big for your needs
I may actually go back and get the 6x after all. I can't decide whether to spend the extra on an honor 8 or not. I sold my S8 and the honor 6x is on sale for 199 so that would actually leave left with roughly 100 dollars if I get the 6x. I can get used to the screen size but I'm just not sure which phone to pick up.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I may actually go back and get the 6x after all. I can't decide whether to spend the extra on an honor 8 or not. I sold my S8 and the honor 6x is on sale for 199 so that would actually leave left with roughly 100 dollars if I get the 6x. I can get used to the screen size but I'm just not sure which phone to pick up.

The honor 6x is the same size as the moto Z Play which you had before, so if you were OK with that then the Honor 6x should be ok too.

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I would invest in a screen protector for the 6X. If you watch Jerryrigeverything's durability test on the 6X he encounters some interesting things going on with the coating on the display. Also it scratches more easily than the Honor 8 according to his testing.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I believe the 6x comes from the factory with a screen protector already installed. My wife bought one back when it was released. Unless this was a one time thing.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Going back and forth on the same phones lol. Honor 8 is the better value for the buck. There are ok conditions ones for under $200 32GB on eBay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463