Why does my screen goes completely black when I set the screen brightness above a threshold?

Shrikant Mahapatra

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Recently I dropped my cellphone in the pool. Nearly 20 hrs later I was able to bring back life to my phone but then this weird problem started. Whenever I am increasing the brightness and it crosses a threshold level, the screen just blacks out. Do anybody have idea why this is happening?

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No, it started only after I completly dried the phone and switched On. What might be the exact reason?
It is probably due to water damage. But without investigating, it would be hard to say the exact reason. You can contact Huawei and send it in to find the exact reason, if so inclined.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Doubt huawei will replace it if it's due to water damage like any company out there. if the phone works just fine with lower screen brightness, then I'd settle with that. keep it low and it'll be fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Doubt huawei will replace it if it's due to water damage like any company out there. if the phone works just fine with lower screen brightness, then I'd settle with that. keep it low and it'll be fine.
They won't replace it but the op wants to know the exact cause... So that Huawei can provide.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Recently I dropped my cellphone in the pool. Nearly 20 hrs later I was able to bring back life to my phone but then this weird problem started. Whenever I am increasing the brightness and it crosses a threshold level, the screen just blacks out. Do anybody have idea why this is happening?

Interesting, so the screen slowly gets brighter as you move the bar higher and then suddenly goes black. If you move the brightness slider back under the "threshold" after it has gone black, does the screen 'turn on' again?

Obviously as other members have said, I'm sure the water damage has had some sort of affect on the screen. All I can think of is maybe when a certain amount of current is applied to the screen something electric is still wet and 'trips'. But best to take it in for repair and see what they say after taking it apart.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, so the screen slowly gets brighter as you move the bar higher and then suddenly goes black. If you more the brightness slider back under the "threshold" after it has gone black, does the screen 'turn on' again?

Obviously as other members have said, I'm sure the water damage has had some sort of effect on the screen. All I can think of is maybe when a certain amount of current is applied to the screen something electric is still wet and 'trips'. But best to take it in for repair and see what they say after taking it apart.
Oh. That's an interesting theory. I am not an expert but it seems like a logical explanation

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac