Adnroid having RAM problems all of a sudden

Vyzer_Music

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Hello, the past few days, my RAM has been working weirdly. I've had my phone for awhile, and I've never had this issue before. So basically, I have a 3gb RAM phone, and without any apps open, the RAM stays around 1.7gb to 1.9gb, but over the last few days, it's been around 700mb to 900mb without any apps running and it's causing my phone to be really slow and laggy. I have not installed any new apps the past week, I tried restarting my phone (which did nothing), and I have already checked what background processes are running, but the only ones that are running are the ones that are usually running with no problem. I did somehow manage to fix this problem the first day it happened, but I'm not sure how I did that. But since literally nothing on my phone has changed the last week or so, I'm not sure how to fix this or what the source of the problem could be.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? You posted in the Galaxy Tab 7 Inch forum, which is for the ancient original Galaxy Tab tablet (not a phone).

Vyzer_Music

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
No, it doesn't happen in safe mode, but I don't understand what could be causing the problem since nothing had changed on my device recently. I've cleared cache of the apps I use and everything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check your Play Store to see what apps updated recently, and see if one of those might correspond to when this issue started.

Vyzer_Music

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Ok so, after I took off safe mode and booted up into regular mode, I have more RAM than I usually do (2.26GB) so I'm not sure if it reset any of the settings I previously made on my device, because I did have to change a few settings back to how they were, so do you know what safe mode resets?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Safe Mode temporarily disables all 3rd party apps you installed. So if some app you installed started using more RAM for some reason, Safe Mode would prevent that from happening temporarily.

Vyzer_Music

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Yea, but I also had to change a few setting in my phone's settings back to how it was before after I booted out of safe mode and back into regular.

Vyzer_Music

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
There's some setting that I changed in my phone before, but after booting it into safe mode, it reset some of the settings I changed within my phone's settings such as disabling/enabling certain settings and whatnot.

So when booting into safe mode, what are all the things it resets? Because I'm not sure what else I need to change back to the way it was since everything in my phone's settings are basically back to default.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There's some setting that I changed in my phone before, but after booting it into safe mode, it reset some of the settings I changed within my phone's settings such as disabling/enabling certain settings and whatnot.

So when booting into safe mode, what are all the things it resets? Because I'm not sure what else I need to change back to the way it was since everything in my phone's settings are basically back to default.
Safe mode just disabled 3rd party apps for diagnosing problems, its not supposed to change any settings

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right -- or did you also select the Reset All App Preferences option as well in Settings>Apps​?

Vyzer_Music

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Well the RAM usage is back to normal and better than it was, but I did have to re-enable and disable certain things in my actual phone's settings which aren't connected in any way to anything that's 3rd party

Right -- or did you also select the Reset All App Preferences option as well in Settings>Apps​?

And no, I didn't push reset on anything, all these things got reset after I booted up the phone in safe mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC