Hi guys. I was thinking of buying the Honor 7. It has started receiving the Marshmallow update in UK and India. Can anyone with the phone and the update post their review of the MM update?
    Covering things like new UI changes, performance/battery/camera improvements etc. Screenshots would be great, thanks.
    01-31-2016 06:05 AM
    I'm not sure about other UK Honor 7 owners but I am yet to receive my MM update.
    02-01-2016 04:42 PM
    I'm not sure about other UK Honor 7 owners but I am yet to receive my MM update.
    My apologies, I wasn't clear. It was available as a beta test in UK:
    You can now beta test the Honor 7 Marshmallow update in the UK | Android Central
    Not sure if the update in India was kind of a soak test, as the listing for the phone shows as Upgradeable to MM in Feb:
    Honor 7 is getting Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in India | Android Central

Anyway, let us know if you get the update

Edit: The update in India was a beta test.
    02-04-2016 05:07 AM
    Well, looks like there aren't many AC readers using Honor 7. Or they haven't downloaded the beta MM update.
    02-12-2016 04:39 AM
    How are you finding the phone? I'm thinking of buying it, just because I want to try something else than stock Android.
    02-12-2016 04:40 AM
    I picked the phone up yesterday, for that exact reason - I was interested to try a Chinese phone, so far I love it - it's a bit different coming from stock Android, but it's a welcome change. My past few phones have been the Nexus 6, Nexus 5x and Moto X Style so going to something totally different is refreshing.

I'll give it a couple of days and report back on performance etc.
    abhishekarora9110 likes this.
    02-20-2016 08:38 AM
    Had my honor 7 for a little over a week and all is very well indeed. Good battery life ans for coming from always had a 5.5 screen is still plenty big enough at 5.2 for videos , etc. It's always responsive and the MIUI needs a bit of getting used to, but so what once you know your way around ir does the job perfectly well. The fast charge is just that, very fast in a few mins you get 30/40% charge if not more (depends what you do or don't have running). Huawei just needs to come good with their promise of MM in March, bring it on!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-01-2016 04:01 PM
    I picked the phone up yesterday, for that exact reason - I was interested to try a Chinese phone, so far I love it - it's a bit different coming from stock Android, but it's a welcome change. My past few phones have been the Nexus 6, Nexus 5x and Moto X Style so going to something totally different is refreshing.

I'll give it a couple of days and report back on performance etc.
    Thanks for the response. I bought it and am liking it so far. My past phones were also stock-ish - Moto X and OnePlus One.
    So far, the 7 seems good- great screen and battery life, good performance, decent cameras. Will have to play more with some EMUI themes now
    My phone should get MM in the next week. It has already started rolling out in India. Will post a review once I get it.
    03-06-2016 06:04 AM
    No MM for me either, also based in UK

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 04:20 PM