I'm currently vacationing in the UK (I'm from Finland) and I was using roaming data whenever I was out of Wifi range. I figured I'd put in a limit so my bill wouldn't be astronomical so I used the mobile data settings to put in 1GB. Since the phone calculates used data per month instead of when the package was put in I quickly got to the max and my phone cut off mobile data altogether. Now even when I turn it on it won't connect. I've tried rebooting, setting the limit higher, changing the setting to notify me after the package is exceeded and resetting the network settings. Nothing works, it just won't connect! There seems to be no way to turn off the package (except resetting the network settings and that didn't help). Please help me fix this soon, it's ruining my Christmas.
    12-23-2017 06:44 AM
    Just unchecking the "Set mobile data limit" box should re-enable mobile data.
    12-23-2017 02:14 PM
    Also, you should shut off background data on all apps that you don't need to sync, to help reduce your data usage.
    12-23-2017 04:52 PM
    Just unchecking the "Set mobile data limit" box should re-enable mobile data.
    Unfortunately there is no box to check or uncheck... After the limit has been set I can only alter the limit, I can't even set it at zero. There wasn't a box to check to start with and there isn't one after it has been set.

I ended up restoring factory settings to fix this and even that didn't help.
    Attached Thumbnails Honor 7 How to disable mobile data package and re-enable mobile data?-screenshot_2017-12-24-13-26-32.jpg  
    12-24-2017 07:29 AM
    Update: I'm getting a feeling this isn't about the data limit at all. Today I tried texting and calling and neither worked! I have sufficient reception (3-4 bars) and my phone says there is none. For my operator, 60 euros per month is the automatic limit for roaming buildup and once you've got the limit they send you a text. I've used data for less than 2 euros and haven't made any calls or sent any texts. I'm taking my phone in for service once I get home, but this really ruined my holiday.
    12-26-2017 04:16 PM