Honor 7X versus Mi A1 or Redmi 5 Plus

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Works on Pixel without it being a carrier phone. Worked on the LeEco series as well so it would be nice if Honor 7X had it.
I am not surprised about Google but le leco is a bit surprising.

Still, the issue with Huawei, especially when you are on tmobile, is that the two companies aren't on the best of terms since tmobile accused Huawei of stealing proprietary technology and Huawei sued tmobile over patent infringement.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've always had contract devices from major manufacturers. I sold my iPhone and got an Honor 6x, and I love it. Its unlocked, so when I upgrade, I won't owe anything and it works great on TMO.
You don't have to worry about service contract phones anymore... Carriers did away with it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You still have device payment agreements, which is what I meant rather than a service contract. Sorry.
Ah ok. I am OK with device payment agreements depending on the terms...if I can pay off anytime without losing anything then I don't have a problem. But some deals require bill credits which you lose if you pay off the phone early

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok. I am OK with device payment agreements depending on the terms...if I can pay off anytime without losing anything then I don't have a problem. But some deals require bill credits which you lose if you pay off the phone early

Yeah, I prefer to avoid bill credits. Unfortunately I was sucked into such a deal with my iPhone 7 and that’s the only reason I’ve avoided paying it off. Lesson learned, I guess.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I prefer to avoid bill credits. Unfortunately I was sucked into such a deal with my iPhone 7 and that’s the only reason I’ve avoided paying it off. Lesson learned, I guess.
It is also a pain to sell financed devices. Swappa doesn't let you do it,which is my preferred place of selling devices. There are other places to sell of course but I don't like using them

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here but I am going to pay it off next month and move my service. This iPhone is for a family member. I only use unlocked devices.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here but I am going to pay it off next month and move my service. This iPhone is for a family member. I only use unlocked devices.
Oh you are looking to move your service? What do you have now and what are you looking to move to?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to ditch TMO and go to Mint SIM.

Oh that should work well. Mint is A Tmobile mobile virtual network operator so it should get similar to what you you were getting on tmobile, although, you might get de prioritized over tmobile customers

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh that should work well. Mint is A Tmobile mobile virtual network operator so it should get similar to what you you were getting on tmobile, although, you might get de prioritized over tmobile customers
Yeah but it should save me some $$ per month. The line I am switching doesn't use too much data to begin with.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it should save me some $$ per month. The line I am switching doesn't use too much data to begin with.

Right, mobile virtual network operators are usually cheaper because they have no infrastructure of their own and piggyback on a larger carrier

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Yup, I saw that yesterday.

My son checked his phone today morning and found a 'security update' notification of 1100 MB size . It wasn't there when he had checked last night before going to bed.
After downloading and installing he found his phone on 8.0
The process was very quick and smooth.
It's nice that Xiaomi kept their promise of providing the update by the end of 2017 and he got the update before going back for his semester on 3rd Jan.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My son checked his phone today morning and found a 'security update' notification of 1100 MB size . It wasn't there when he had checked last night before going to bed.
After downloading and installing he found his phone on 8.0
The process was very quick and smooth.
It's nice that Xiaomi kept their promise of providing the update by the end of 2017 and he got the update before going back for his semester on 3rd Jan.
Wow they were cutting it close but hey, they did meet their promise so that is good news

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463