Just got my Honor 7x

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there's a difference in firmware between my US version (32 GB storage and 3 GB RAM) and the ones available in other countries. With the exception of a few odd stutters, mine is as smooth and responsive as many phones that cost 2-3 times as much.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Curious how you folks enjoy having a phone with a outdated WiFi radio. I'm baffled by how they use a single band, 2.4 gHz radio when today, 5 gHz AC is far less crowded and faster. My 5 year old Sammy has a dual band radio, ha ha

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Most wouldn't know the difference. I knew going into it but didn't notice a thing using it on Wifi at my house. I set the whole phone up using Wifi.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Curious how you folks enjoy having a phone with a outdated WiFi radio. I'm baffled by how they use a single band, 2.4 gHz radio when today, 5 gHz AC is far less crowded and faster. My 5 year old Sammy has a dual band radio, ha ha
Hasn't made any difference for me. I'm too far from my router most of the time to get decent signal strength on 5 GHz.

This is a discount handset, so I'm willing to compromise a bit on specs. It doesn't offer wireless charging, 5 GHz WiFi, or NFC, but the processor is plenty fast, build quality is as good as flagships from the big boys, and the screen is quite good for $200.

Shark974

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site

Yes you've already posted this multiple times. The "haha" seems extra fake when you've posted the same thing so many times. BTW 2.4 ghz wifi is fine, and has longer range than 5ghz and penetrates walls better. I can post a video of 50 mbps download speed on my 2.4 ghz-only router. That's my speed cap, so it could go higher although I think many phone wifi chips are throttled anyway?

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

Some people like myself don't use WiFi so I can care less. In the rare occasion that I do need WiFi for an OS update or whatever, it's never an issue. Continue to have a great time with your 5 year old Samsung.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Some people like myself don't use WiFi so I can care less. In the rare occasion that I do need WiFi for an OS update or whatever, it's never an issue. Continue to have a great time with your 5 year old Samsung.

I feel kinda the same, only use wifi when I am home and then would just use my Chromebook if I need to do something. When I do need to use wifi, 2.4 g is plenty fast enough. It is unfortunate that the phone doesn't have it but not a deal breaker for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar