OS and security versions

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the US version and just got an update today. It now has Feb 2018 security update and it added AR to the camera. No face unlock yet :(

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
We have already started pushing the 140 build to US models. This started about a week ago.
OTA rollouts can last a couple of weeks. So keep checking for updates periodically.
My US model doesnt have 140 build yet either, I've seen some who have gotten it.

Patience :)

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
We have already started pushing the 140 build to US models. This started about a week ago.
OTA rollouts can last a couple of weeks. So keep checking for updates periodically.
My US model doesnt have 140 build yet either, I've seen some who have gotten it.

Thank you, Chris, I appreciate the update!

John M7

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site

Stop with the Lies Honor......

I own a 6x, 8 and now a 7x and wish I did'nt own any.. constant issue and your support is the worst next to Motorola...

Your fix for everyone in the US is to tell us to wait, hard reset or return the NEW phone with a 1 year warranty for a refurbished phone that only gets a 90 day warranty....

Not going to rip Honor to bad but the 7x is awful.... The US version does NOT have any of the functions that the european or the asian versions have. Its not a true dual camera.. The US version does not get any updates. Current build for US is B138 which is what mine is on... all other version currently on B192. When support was contacted I was told huh let me investigate, still waiting for answer - 6 days since request. B192 gets ar lens and facial recognition.... again like my Honor 8 - promises promises promises but no delivery... last Honor product I purchase.
Last time i called Honor's support it was so scripted and their fix for everything is to hard reset and even had the balls to ask if i had cleaned the lens for the camera due to the grainy low light pictures... They also cotradicted themselves.... I was told they do not have any updates for either models... They already have B192 which has the facial recognition / AR Lens Asia / European models. B140 which only has AR Lens update and is only for US models. I was told that US might not get further patches asked why and I got no response.

Last edited:

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the US and I got my 140 update over a week ago. It has the Feb 2018 security patch. I can't complain about my X7 not being supported.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
8cdcd14ffa1c6c99abad73c950771dc8.jpg

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I received the last security update about 2 weeks after I saw it reported here, so it could take a little while before we see this OS update.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I received the last security update about 2 weeks after I saw it reported here, so it could take a little while before we see this OS update.

I was reading comments on various sites late last night about the OTA rollout and saw a couple that said their device was already updating via OTA. One was in Las Vegas which is close to me. Nothing here yet though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante