Can Not Receive MMS on 7X

LossOfCite

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
Posting here is a bit of a last resort.

T-Mobile blames Huawei, Huawei blames T-Mobile. I told both of them if they don't stop blaming each other and just get it fixed, I'm returning the phone and going to AT&T.

Anyone have any suggestions? If I reset the settings, it works again. Once I personalize it (choose ringtone, set default apps, etc.) the problem returns. It's exhausting.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Crap :( I am expecting my 7X today and since I ordered it I've been reading about SMS and MMS issues with it in the US with both ATT and T-Mobile. I don't think going to ATT will solve the issue. Ugh, I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Crap :( I am expecting my 7X today and since I ordered it I've been reading about SMS and MMS issues with it in the US with both ATT and T-Mobile. I don't think going to ATT will solve the issue. Ugh, I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

I've used my Honor 7X on T-Mobile and Mint SIM (which runs on T-Mobile's network). I've had no problems with sending or receiving messages with either of them. You need to make sure the APN settings are correct for your provider.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
That's nice to hear. What messaging client are you using. I read that the issues come up when you use a texting app other then what is on the phone. Apparently if you use the included app everything works. Not sure how true that is.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
That's nice to hear. What messaging client are you using. I read that the issues come up when you use a texting app other then what is on the phone. Apparently if you use the included app everything works. Not sure how true that is.
I'm using the stock messaging app. I tried using Android Messenger but it doesn't do a good job of managing multiple SIM cards.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hope it really isn't an issue. I have no problem using the stock messaging app, however I prefer Google's because it works much better with Android Auto and Android Wear. Good thing is I really just got the X7 to play with for something different. I don't need to depend on it as my main phone so I can wait so see if things improve.

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one to use on AT&T. Hope it’s ok. I’ve read a ton of reviews and none really mention lack of MMS or problems with it. Has the OP solved the problem? Is anyone using the US version on AT&T with MMS problems? Thanks for any feedback.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
On a side note- my 7x was just delivered. Wow- the build quality is exceeding my expectations. I'm beginning to think I may be using this more then I thought. Can't wait to spend time with it tonight.

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
On a side note- my 7x was just delivered. Wow- the build quality is exceeding my expectations. I'm beginning to think I may be using this more then I thought. Can't wait to spend time with it tonight.

Let us know what you experience with texting/MMS. Thanks.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I do think it's a good idea to check the APN settings manually to make sure the phone is taking advantage of the fast.t-mobile.com APN setting.

LossOfCite

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
What settings are you resetting? Does the APN setting remain correct for T-Mobile? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090. Or does it keep changing to something incorrect?
Just personalization settings. APN is fast.t-mobile.com.

Textra. But if I return to the default messaging app things don't change.

The first week I had the phone I used Textra without issue. Sent and received MMS perfectly. Then as I customized my phone further the problem arose.

The thing that sucks even more about this is that I only got the 7X to hold me over until the Mate 10 Pro finally becomes available. But if there's a clash between Huawei/Honor phones and T-Mobile/AT&T, then the entire past 6 months of waiting have been in vain. :'(

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Set up my new USA Honor 7X late last night with T-Mobile. I sent multiple texts and MMS messages using Google's Messaging app with no issues. I sent them to my daughter's and wife's phones. I tested it with Wifi and just cellular. I looked at the APN settings and they were fine, didnt have to change anything. They were the same as my Moto Z2 Play. Pretty happy with the phone so far, the display isn't as great as I was expecting. The viewing angles are not the greatest- my daughter's Moto G4 Plus has a better screen in regards to viewing angles.

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Set up my new USA Honor 7X late last night with T-Mobile. I sent multiple texts and MMS messages using Google's Messaging app with no issues. I sent them to my daughter's and wife's phones. I tested it with Wifi and just cellular. I looked at the APN settings and they were fine, didnt have to change anything. They were the same as my Moto Z2 Play. Pretty happy with the phone so far, the display isn't as great as I was expecting. The viewing angles are not the greatest- my daughter's Moto G4 Plus has a better screen in regards to viewing angles.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

VDDuong

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Posting here is a bit of a last resort.

T-Mobile blames Huawei, Huawei blames T-Mobile. I told both of them if they don't stop blaming each other and just get it fixed, I'm returning the phone and going to AT&T.

Anyone have any suggestions? If I reset the settings, it works again. Once I personalize it (choose ringtone, set default apps, etc.) the problem returns. It's exhausting.

I called T-Mobile and Honor 7X support and neither could help. I changed all the APN according to T-Mobile but it did not work. I changed the default MMS app to Pulse (Google store) and it WORK PERFECTLY. No need to return the Honor 7X.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I called T-Mobile and Honor 7X support and neither could help. I changed all the APN according to T-Mobile but it did not work. I changed the default MMS app to Pulse (Google store) and it WORK PERFECTLY. No need to return the Honor 7X.
Very strange... It should've worked with the T-Mobile APN. Regardless, I'm glad you've figured it out!

VDDuong

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Very strange... It should've worked with the T-Mobile APN. Regardless, I'm glad you've figured it out!

After MMS work with Pulse messaging, I changed the default back to Google (Android) messaging and it stopped receiving MMS. Once changed default back to Pulse, can received MMS again. But since I have both installed, the Google will mirror the Pulse, and see all the sms, just cant received or sent.

Update: After uninstalling and reinstalled Textra, it can now send MMS again, strange. All SMS apps able to send MMS now.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12