I just got my Honor 7X and basically like it, except for one "feature": If you don't touch the screen for maybe 5 seconds, the screen dims and then quickly (2 sec) goes black. I have the timeout set to never and auto brightness is turned off.

This is super annoying, and I seem to remember the same thing happening on a Motorola.

I'm on Android 9 and EMUI 9.1.0

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA!
    09-20-2019 10:35 AM
    There are two "timeouts" - lock screen and screen. Unless Huawei did something non-standard, the maximum timeout is 30 minutes. Normally you should set the screen timeout to about 25-30 seconds, but you could set the lock screen timeout to 30 minutes. If you want to keep the screen on longer, you can set the screen timeout for longer, but a screen sitting on the same image for long times leads to screen burn-in. (You can also run something like IFTTT [or Tasker if you're willing to pay the $3, which is well worth it] to change the timeout when certain apps are running in the foreground [if I'm reading something that doesn't reauire touching the screen for a while, like an ebook, my screen will change to a 3 minute timeout - than back to 15 seconds when I close the reader].)
    09-20-2019 02:51 PM
    There are two "timeouts" - lock screen and screen. Unless Huawei did something non-standard, the maximum timeout is 30 minutes. Normally you should set the screen timeout to about 25-30 seconds, but you could set the lock screen timeout to 30 minutes. If you want to keep the screen on longer, you can set the screen timeout for longer, but a screen sitting on the same image for long times leads to screen burn-in. (You can also run something like IFTTT [or Tasker if you're willing to pay the $3, which is well worth it] to change the timeout when certain apps are running in the foreground [if I'm reading something that doesn't reauire touching the screen for a while, like an ebook, my screen will change to a 3 minute timeout - than back to 15 seconds when I close the reader].)
    So how do I set the screen timeout? The only setting I see is for Sleep, which is set to never.
    09-20-2019 03:07 PM