Pre-ordered

Hairy Brain

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
Howdy everyone new poster to the forums, but long term reader and listener of the podcast.

Just pre ordered the Honor 8 Pro, so excited just wish i had the choice of red, but the blue is super nice.

Mostly used HTC devices always liked the near to stock android so how will i like EMUI?

Coming from S7 edge which I'm fairly bored of already and noticed noticeable processing slow down so the specs for the pro made me bite the bullet.

Was going to hold off until the new one plus was announced but I'm far too impatient.

Here's hoping Honor can fulfill all pre orders and on time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! And that's so exciting about your pre-order! The blue colour is gorgeous!

With regards to EMUI 5, there are users who really like it and those who really don't. It's a bit of an adjustment if you're coming from another OS or launcher. I personally like it, and liked 4.1. Of course, there are some things I'd change, but no software is perfect, in my opinion. 5.0 brings a lot of customization to the table for Honor, and you can also download EMUI Theme Editor from the Google Play Store to tweak your device even more.

Please let us know how you like your device when you get it! Enjoy!

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Howdy everyone new poster to the forums, but long term reader and listener of the podcast.

Just pre ordered the Honor 8 Pro, so excited just wish i had the choice of red, but the blue is super nice.

Mostly used HTC devices always liked the near to stock android so how will i like EMUI?

Coming from S7 edge which I'm fairly bored of already and noticed noticeable processing slow down so the specs for the pro made me bite the bullet.

Was going to hold off until the new one plus was announced but I'm far too impatient.

Are you in the US?

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I went from a regular s7 to the smaller Honor 8. EMUI has come a long way. When i got the Honor 8 it was EMUI 4.1 (I think) and it was perfectly functional but not the best. but within a week I was the EMUI 5.0 beta test and it was brilliant. I now much prefer it to Samsung's UI. On my s7 i always used nova launcher but on the Honor 8 I don't feel the need.

Exciting times, id love to get the Pro, but my 8 is only 6 months old so i can justify a new phone just yet.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know if it's coming to the USA?

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi.

Have you received your honor 8 Pro yet?

If so, how's it been? I'm definitely tempted....

Cheers.

Hairy Brain

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
It has been some time now...Just checking to see if you have received it? And your thoughts on it?
Yeah finally received my phone almost a month late. Bad darts from Honor but they did send out some extra goodies to those affected.

I think for a company trying to make an impression in other markets, ie the west the situation and bad press was not ideal.

Having said all that, over a month in I'm loving the phone.

Having had many phones over the years and coming from the Samsung galaxy edge this certainly isn't the most pleasing to the eye, but does have its charm.

I think now I'm at a stage where I just want a solid phone, reliable, quick, battery power and decent photos.

The Honor 8 Pro does all of this very well, with no sign of slow down yet unlike my s7.

Few things I would have liked, waterproofing and the smart fingerprint switch I hear is on the Honor 8.

No regrets and any other questions just fire my way.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah finally received my phone almost a month late. Bad darts from Honor but they did send out some extra goodies to those affected.

I think for a company trying to make an impression in other markets, ie the west the situation and bad press was not ideal.

Having said all that, over a month in I'm loving the phone.

Having had many phones over the years and coming from the Samsung galaxy edge this certainly isn't the most pleasing to the eye, but does have its charm.

I think now I'm at a stage where I just want a solid phone, reliable, quick, battery power and decent photos.

The Honor 8 Pro does all of this very well, with no sign of slow down yet unlike my s7.

Few things I would have liked, waterproofing and the smart fingerprint switch I hear is on the Honor 8.

No regrets and any other questions just fire my way.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think honor really nailed it with these latest phones. They are pretty good not far from phones priced much higher, but at a much lower price tag. Really at this point most people would be happy with these phones.