What are the specs on the Honor 8 Pro?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I seem to think the next honor phone we will be seeing in the US will be the Honor 8 Pro mainly because the regular honor 8 is so widely known here and sales were very good with the regular honor 8. Huawei honor is going to do what's best for sales in terms of their light presence here in the US and since the honor 8 did so well it just makes sense to me that the next US release will carry on the name of the honor 8 but will be the pro version. In a few months I think they will release their next upper end Honor phone. It won't be the Honor 9 I don't seem to think now like I used to but now I'm thinking it will be the honor 8 pro instead. Can anyone tell me the specs of this device like what Kirin processor it has and like the screen size please? If indeed they do release the honor 8 pro I think I'll be in line to get one as the regular honor 8 is hardly even short of today's flagship phones that you can buy for an incredible price. Depending on the honor 8 pro screen size will be whether I would get it or not. I personally like the 5.2 screen size of the regular honor 8. It's plenty big enough to watch movies on but still small enough to almost manage with one hand most of the time. I've just never researched the specs of the pro version so would anyone mind filling me in on them?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nevermind guys I just looked it up. It has a 5.7 inch display running a Kirin 960 chip. I'm pretty sure if they release this phone here in the US as their next honor US release that I would definitely be getting one. It would be a great media phone with that 5.7 inch screen and would be the perfect phone to rotate out with my regular honor 8. I really do think this pro version will be the next honor US release. It just makes sense to carry on the already widely known name of the honor 8 here in the US. Time will tell which I think we will get some type of new release in early to mid December before Christmas sales.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind guys I just looked it up. It has a 5.7 inch display running a Kirin 960 chip. I'm pretty sure if they release this phone here in the US as their next honor US release that I would definitely be getting one. It would be a great media phone with that 5.7 inch screen and would be the perfect phone to rotate out with my regular honor 8. I really do think this pro version will be the next honor US release. It just makes sense to carry on the already widely known name of the honor 8 here in the US. Time will tell which I think we will get some type of new release in early to mid December before Christmas sales.

Glad that you plan to get the honor 8 pro should it come state side and keep the honor 8!

It would be interesting what they do. The honor 8 pro uses last years processor, but is selling for roughly $460 equivalent. It's a great phone but in the usa, I don't really think that it would sell well, at least at that price. If they drop the price significantly then it might work

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Glad that you plan to get the honor 8 pro should it come state side and keep the honor 8!

It would be interesting what they do. The honor 8 pro uses last years processor, but is selling for roughly $460 equivalent. It's a great phone but in the usa, I don't really think that it would sell well, at least at that price. If they drop the price significantly then it might work

Yeah, would have to drop a bit. I have feeling honor is really going to go after the budget segment this year. I'm guessing we won't see a phone over $300. What that means in terms of current phone they bring over I have no idea.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I hope we see it stateside too. Looks like a great phone. But it's similar in many respects to the Mate 9, except for the 6 GB or ram and the increased screen resolution. Not sure I'd notice either the ram or extra resolution, though.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I hope we see it stateside too. Looks like a great phone. But it's similar in many respects to the Mate 9, except for the 6 GB or ram and the increased screen resolution. Not sure I'd notice either the ram or extra resolution, though.

It's future proofing I guess. Unless your a hardcore gamer you'd be hard press to notice the difference.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's future proofing I guess. Unless your a hardcore gamer you'd be hard press to notice the difference.
Oh definitely. The usa Galaxy s3 had 2 gb ram. Made it more usable longer than the competition which had 1gb ram at the time.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
They should just bring the Honor V10 to the states instead.