Honor 8 Report 8-16-2016 : EMUI Battery Tools (AMA)

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I am on data almost constantly, plus maximum brightness (a bad habit, but the screen looks SO much better that way)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am on data almost constantly, plus maximum brightness (a bad habit, but the screen looks SO much better that way)

Ah ok . mobile data I found doesn't have much of an affect, do long as you get decent signal /speeds. Maximum brightness will kill battery quick.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
While many bemoan the battery manager of EMUI, it can provide some excellent features.

1: Turn off screen, turn off apps
For example, do you really want Facebook to run when you have your phone turned off? While some find the power-saving tool to be a bit overbearing, turning off background apps really helped my battery life spike from just a few hours to a full 1.5 days of usage.

2. Ultra Power Saving Mode
The power-saving mode of EMUI is quite good, and while it is not yet comparable to the Samsung Ultra Power Saving Mode, it is getting close. In situations where I needed my smartphone to serve its main purpose (though some would argue otherwise), calling and texting, Ultra Power Saving Mode got me through three days of light usage.

3: High resource usage? You're fired!
Sounding like a no-nonsense boss, EMUI alerts you when apps consume a large amount of power. However, you have the final say whether to close apps, so your intense gaming session can go on!

More is to come with EMUI 5, so stay tuned as this thread will be updated with the latest news about EMUi in general. Also, feel free to ask me questions about the Honor 8, Honor 5X, EMUI, Huawei, or Android in general. Happy Androiding!

-Lumi Valo

How fast is the 9V/2A fast charging?

Could you post a screenshot from Ampere while charging?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I think I am impressed with this battery life. I purposely ran it down until it had to charge. At 28%, used the option to reduce the resolution to 720p without doing anything else. I can see myself using that. I got a day and 2 hours out of my first charge.

Seeing that this is possible, I'm very curious about other modes. I think I might try the 720p resolution and see how long that goes. I'll look into my background apps as well too.

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I am impressed with this battery life. I purposely ran it down until it had to charge. At 28%, used the option to reduce the resolution to 720p without doing anything else. I can see myself using that. I got a day and 2 hours out of my first charge.

Seeing that this is possible, I'm very curious about other modes. I think I might try the 720p resolution and see how long that goes. I'll look into my background apps as well too.
That looks impressive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair