Honor 8 cases-covers-accessories?

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Honor 8 cases and covers?

I received the blue "PC case" from Honor yesterday and I'm really liking it. I wanted something that would allow me to show off the good looks of this phone, so I was hoping to find a decent "bumper" style case that would just cover the sides of the phone. But this PC case from Honor is definitely the best case I've seen/tried yet. It's minimal and see-through enough that the backside of the phone is still clearly visible and allows light to refract off the back of the phone. And it also shows the blue color of my phone very well through the case.

I think this one will do the job for me and I'm gonna stick with it (unless someone manages to put out an awesome bumper-style case that manages to beat this one). :)

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

My Sparin case from Amazon arrived today. Quite impressed with it. Makes the phone feel lighter in hand compared to the Terrapin case. The side edges have a nice matte finish that provides superb grip. Corners have extra thickness to protect against drops. Back is crystal clear and shows off the Sapphire Blue color in its full glory. Check out the pics showing the light refractive patterns. All cutouts are nicely rounded and the fingerprint scanner cutout is centered correctly and is symmetrical. All edges are smooth and rounded. Cutouts for camera, IR blaster, top mic, charging port, speaker grille and audio jack are perfect, smooth edged and provide no interference in operation. Overall very pleased. Bonus is it is a 2 pack, if one gets damaged there is a spare!

iAvs8XI.jpg

r0mtFPV.jpg

JCMuVMp.jpg

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

Mine arrived as well, fits great, has a small lip to keep the screen of the table. Cutouts are placed well. Almost crystal clear. Close fitting, with a little extra on the corners.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Alright, both of you convinced me, I am going to order this Sparin case! The only thing that bothers me about the official case is the lack of lip. This seems like it will be perfect.

Edit: Ah, can't buy yet. Ahh.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Alright, both of you convinced me, I am going to order this Sparin case! The only thing that bothers me about the official case is the lack of lip. This seems like it will be perfect.

Edit: Ah, can't buy yet. Ahh.
Why?
Do you want my second spare one?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm using Skinomi tempered glass screen protectors on my ifruit devices.

I usually do with whoever is cheapest.I picked up the two pack of sparin tempered glass screen protectors for a buck on sale.I have used multiple brands and don't notice much difference

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I usually do with whoever is cheapest.I picked up the two pack of sparin tempered glass screen protectors for a buck on sale.I have used multiple brands and don't notice much difference
Nice. I didn't find any deals when I was looking for my Honor 8.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Honor 8 cases and covers?

Nice. I didn't find any deals when I was looking for my Honor 8.

Deals for cases and accessories usually come more frequently for the popular phones. Less known phones like these usually have very few sales.I have a stack of cases for the note 7 and iPhone 7 that where a buck a piece

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Deals for cases and accessories usually come more frequently for the popular phones. Less known phones like these usually have very few sales.I have a stack of cases for the note 7 and iPhone 7 that where a buck a piece
I have about 9 cases each for the 7 and 7+.😁

burtonvdp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

The issue with the glass ones is the "halo" effect if you care about that look. I haven't bothered with glass, I have an HD supershieldz plastic protector that fits very well.

However, this is the one that Joshua Bane uses: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5447844

I've had one on my 6p for a while. I've never noticed a halo effect. I'm more worried about fit tbh. Thanks for the suggestion on the other shield!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I've had one on my 6p for a while. I've never noticed a halo effect. I'm more worried about fit tbh. Thanks for the suggestion on the other shield!

I have the iVoler 2 pack and it fits the Honor 8 similar to the tempered glass protectors for the iPhone 7/6S, Galaxy S7 etc. It basically covers the screen correctly and then leaves a slight 1-2mm gap between the edge of the glass and case. Works for me as I am used to this setup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae