Post pictures taken with your Honor 8 here

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's all cheaper phones. The Nexus 5X is roughly in the same range, price-wise. Now they are blowing them out for $249 (32 gig) or $199 (16 gig).
It was more of a general comment. Nexus 5x is probably the exception.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure there is a wide aperture mode that produces much better low light photos. I realize it may not be "auto" mode, but the option to use it seems pretty beneficial for shooting the type of photos above.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure there is a wide aperture mode that produces much better low light photos. I realize it may not be "auto" mode, but the option to use it seems pretty beneficial for shooting the type of photos above.
Has anyone tried this mode yet?

HonorUSA_Eric

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
dpham00, low light pictures may be difficult for some $400 phones, but not the Honor 8. For low light pictures, we advise that you turn on the flash. You can enable the flash by going to the camera app in the 8 and clicking the flash icon in the top left. Also, if you swipe right, you're able to access the camera settings and adjust the image settings in "Image adjustment". (ED)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
dpham00, low light pictures may be difficult for some $400 phones, but not the Honor 8. For low light pictures, we advise that you turn on the flash. You can enable the flash by going to the camera app in the 8 and clicking the flash icon in the top left. Also, if you swipe right, you're able to access the camera settings and adjust the image settings in "Image adjustment". (ED)
I can understand the wide aperture mose helping , but do you really think that flash would help in the photos of the South Station posted by xxaarraa? It seems like an awfully large area for a tiny flash illuminate.

This is not a put down of the honor 8 flash... But smartphone flash in general don't illuminate very far.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my H8 this afternoon, will get some pics up soon...overall very happy with the capabilities. This is the type of camera that gives you a lot of control to take the shot your want, which is nice when you have a little extra time. Auto mode seems very consistent and accurate as well. Of course this is not going to be a low light beast, but honestly that doesn't deter me at all. With some manual manipulation you can take some great low light shots.

Sousa2005

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
hi there!

raIIrNs.jpeg

uUowbSI.jpeg

6sPUiiK.jpeg

id0wTGR.jpeg

ET9I2NH.jpeg

Hci8lxz.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online