Honor 8 on the way

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
My 8 arrives today. On the UPS truck for delivery. Had to stop by BestBuy yesterday to see the 8 in the flesh. Much better than I expected. I was afraid it would be to small -- just right. Everything about it is 1st Class. Tried the camera -- for me perfect. Sharp as a tack. As soon as it arrives ready to light it up on H2o (AT&T).

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
My 8 arrives today. On the UPS truck for delivery. Had to stop by BestBuy yesterday to see the 8 in the flesh. Much better than I expected. I was afraid it would be to small -- just right. Everything about it is 1st Class. Tried the camera -- for me perfect. Sharp as a tack. As soon as it arrives ready to light it up on H2o (AT&T).

Yay! Looking forward to your first impressions. I didn't know that there were demos/floor models at Best Buy. Cool!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear it. Please be sure to post your first impressions after you use it for a bit

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Your BestBuy had them on display? I'll have to check mine tomorrow, it shows that they have plenty in stock.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and so far I am quite satisfied. Build quality is fantastic. It is fast as lightning. Apps open quickly on par with the Nexus 6P I have. It is slick so you want a case. The screen is really nice -- full HD and you can change it to use less pixels for battery saving. It has a 9V/2A charger for fast charging. From 70 percent to full in 30 minutes. Downloaded the user guide which is very good for figuring out all the bells and whistles. I am hard of hearing and have no problem hearing the ringer or speakers.

I would say it is well worth the $349 I paid.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My store wouldn't let me see the phone unless I paid for it. "But if you don't like it after opening the box, you can return it. You don't even need to leave the store".

Great idea, this guy deserves a raise. If only I had done this when I bought my house. It would have been much more exciting.

I'm not into the blue model anyway, I'd have to go for the black... I'm not going to buy a phone that I know I'll return. Guess I'll have to wait and purchase a black model to see if I like it =/

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
My store wouldn't let me see the phone unless I paid for it. "But if you don't like it after opening the box, you can return it. You don't even need to leave the store".

Great idea, this guy deserves a raise. If only I had done this when I bought my house. It would have been much more exciting.

I'm not into the blue model anyway, I'd have to go for the black... I'm not going to buy a phone that I know I'll return. Guess I'll have to wait and purchase a black model to see if I like it =/

Wow, that's lame that they did that. Hopefully, black will be available next week.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Be careful buying at Best Buy, they now have a restocking fee on all mobile phones even those that are unlocked. They don't tell you that and it is not on the receipt. It is on a flyer that lists their terms and conditions. Not very good service!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and so far I am quite satisfied. Build quality is fantastic. It is fast as lightning. Apps open quickly on par with the Nexus 6P I have. It is slick so you want a case. The screen is really nice -- full HD and you can change it to use less pixels for battery saving. It has a 9V/2A charger for fast charging. From 70 percent to full in 30 minutes. Downloaded the user guide which is very good for figuring out all the bells and whistles. I am hard of hearing and have no problem hearing the ringer or speakers.

I would say it is well worth the $349 I paid.
Glad that you are enjoying it!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Be careful buying at Best Buy, they now have a restocking fee on all mobile phones even those that are unlocked. They don't tell you that and it is not on the receipt. It is on a flyer that lists their terms and conditions. Not very good service!

Wow that sucks. Is that even legal if it isn't in the receipt or any paperwork you signed?

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I see the return policy on their website now, $35 isn't completely abnormal when you return a phone... But if the store's policy is "purchase the phone, play with it in the store and then return it after a few minutes"... I mean... What the hell :confused:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I see the return policy on their website now, $35 isn't completely abnormal when you return a phone... But if the store's policy is "purchase the phone, play with it in the store and then return it after a few minutes"... I mean... What the hell :confused:
Yeah that doesn't make sense at all

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

..? Once you purchase it though..

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Is that even legal if it isn't in the receipt or any paperwork you signed?

Not sure about the legality, I'm assuming so. I have no issue paying a restocking fee as long as I am informed about it before I purchase the phone. When I went to return it, the manager even told me that it is a policy they just started 2 weeks ago. I kindly told him that they need to do a better job informing their customers about the fee because that was the reason I bought it there so I could return it without a fee. They would not budge about the fee, so I just won't be doing business there anytime soon. Amazon is one of the very few retailers not charging restocking fees.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the legality, I'm assuming so. I have no issue paying a restocking fee as long as I am informed about it before I purchase the phone. When I went to return it, the manager even told me that it is a policy they just started 2 weeks ago. I kindly told him that they need to do a better job informing their customers about the fee because that was the reason I bought it there so I could return it without a fee. They would not budge about the fee, so I just won't be doing business there anytime soon. Amazon is one of the very few retailers not charging restocking fees.
Yeah they should have done a better job of telling customers when they made a recent change.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Wow.
B&H Photo doesn't usually do restocking fees. Hate those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34