10-07-2016 07:56 AM
76 1234
tools
    I got mine early morning yesterday, loving it so far. I'll be able to put together more thoughts and some pictures soon. Unfortunately, the beautiful black aluminum bumper case I ordered was a signal killer. My experience yesterday with signal,. wifi, and bluetooth suffered. Hopefully some better results today with it off.
    Aw that sucks. Yeah, you will have better signal for sure. The Honor 8 has some of the best I have had in a phone.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-18-2016 01:21 PM
    I got mine early morning yesterday, loving it so far. I'll be able to put together more thoughts and some pictures soon. Unfortunately, the beautiful black aluminum bumper case I ordered was a signal killer. My experience yesterday with signal,. wifi, and bluetooth suffered. Hopefully some better results today with it off.
    Unfortunately,metal cases usually tend to be signal killers.
    ranphi likes this.
    09-18-2016 08:26 PM
    Unfortunately,metal cases usually tend to be signal killers.
    It just looked so good it was worth a try. The seller claimed "specially designed not to interfere with signal". Guess he forgot to test if his special design worked Oh well. Nothing really lost here, shipping it back tomorrow.

Everything worked out much better today with the case off. Bluetooth never cut out in the car (I was resetting it every 3-5 songs last night) and my service was good around town where I had dead spots yesterday.

Really enjoying this phone. If Huawei makes good on their promise of quarterly updates and OS versions for 2 years... I can't justify spending more on a Nexus (especially when camera, RAM, processor, etc are equal or better).
    libra89 likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:31 PM
    Ok I bite the bullet! Ordered mine today!
    libra89 and dpham00 like this.
    10-06-2016 10:45 AM
    Yay! What color did you get?
    10-06-2016 10:46 AM
    Do you guys not like the midnight Blue color? Its the color I wanted and got. In person the blue I cannot describe. Its amazing. The way the light reflects off of it. Was it just the black that you all specifically wanted? Was just curious if the blue I have had something to be less desired. I would have gone with black too but the blue just popped.
    10-06-2016 11:47 AM
    ^I wanted the blue so bad when the phone was announced. But after watching videos of the black model I loved how the ultra glossy black looked. It's all personal preference, the blue does look great (as does the sweet pearly white). My last phone was blue, and the phone before that was in a blue case, so I wanted a change.

With the layered glass look on the front and back, this phone looks different no matter what color you get. I don't think you could go wrong no matter what you choose.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-06-2016 11:52 AM
    Do you guys not like the midnight Blue color? Its the color I wanted and got. In person the blue I cannot describe. Its amazing. The way the light reflects off of it. Was it just the black that you all specifically wanted? Was just curious if the blue I have had something to be less desired. I would have gone with black too but the blue just popped.
    I liked the blue but not the BB exclusiveness. I was originally torn between blue and white, and in the end, I went with the white. I love the white, it looks like a pearl!

Also white hides fingerprints and scratches nicely.
    10-06-2016 01:08 PM
    I had credit on Amazon that I was using for mine, so blue wasn't an option.
    10-06-2016 02:14 PM
    Nice,where from?
    10-06-2016 02:27 PM
    Great deal. So it sounds like all personal preference. I've not seen the black live. Anyone have photos of the black and white real world?
    10-06-2016 02:50 PM
    Great deal. So it sounds like all personal preference. I've not seen the black live. Anyone have photos of the black and white real world?
    My co worker has a white one. But no access to a black one
    10-06-2016 03:55 PM
    I don't have another camera to take pics of mine with unfortunately.
    10-06-2016 05:19 PM
    I have the black color.

Have to say it is my favorite even though it picks up so much debris.
    The Nillkin covers up the shiny back.
    I clean and check the device often for any damage.

I can snap a few pics in a bit...
    libra89 likes this.
    10-06-2016 05:47 PM
    Here are some from XDA

Got word about the black Honor 8-colors2.jpg

Got word about the black Honor 8-colors6.jpg

And a video that really sealed the deal for me,

Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    10-06-2016 05:50 PM
    I still say Blue is the best!
    10-06-2016 06:02 PM
    Here are some from XDA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colors2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	241649

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colors6.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	241650

And a video that really sealed the deal for me,

Nice! I like the Black too. Both the Blue and Black look good. Something about this shade of blue drew me to it. I typically keep at least one large screen phone but at the moment I have this and a Sony Xperia X but it retailed at 549 and due to some poor customer service at Best Buy I ended up getting it at 199. Couldn't pass that deal up. Next month so I'm going to probably grab the Nexus 6p to get my one large screen phone back in the mix. I can tell that I've I thoroughly enjoyed this honor 8. I even like the stock launcher too. Its different and that appeals to me.
    10-06-2016 06:43 PM
    I still say Blue is the best!
    I totally agree! The Blue pops and it's very different.
    10-06-2016 06:44 PM
    Black is timeless
    10-06-2016 07:32 PM
    Black is timeless
    The black is so nice but I'm kinda longing to try a white one.
    10-06-2016 08:07 PM
    Nice! I like the Black too. Both the Blue and Black look good. Something about this shade of blue drew me to it. I typically keep at least one large screen phone but at the moment I have this and a Sony Xperia X but it retailed at 549 and due to some poor customer service at Best Buy I ended up getting it at 199. Couldn't pass that deal up. Next month so I'm going to probably grab the Nexus 6p to get my one large screen phone back in the mix. I can tell that I've I thoroughly enjoyed this honor 8. I even like the stock launcher too. Its different and that appeals to me.
    That's awesome! I had to do through hoops to get my Moto z play for $20 but it was sure worth it!

Camera is a bit of a disappointment in less than ideal situations, and the shots others posted here look awesome!
    10-06-2016 08:13 PM
    black

Nice,where from?
    Honor website
    libra89 likes this.
    10-06-2016 08:15 PM
    black

Honor website
    Hopefully you used the $50 coupon code
    10-06-2016 08:17 PM
    Hopefully you used the $50 coupon code
    Sure did! Can't wait to try out my headphones too!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-06-2016 08:24 PM
    That's awesome! I had to do through hoops to get my Moto z play for $20 but it was sure worth it!

Camera is a bit of a disappointment in less than ideal situations, and the shots others posted here look awesome!
    $20?? My goodness man. That is like getting the phone for free. I thought I did good until I just read your post. You saved like $385. Tip? If I can wiggle my way into your type deal then I'm not getting the Nexus 6p. Wow!!!! Good job man. I saved a lot too but $20!!
    10-07-2016 01:02 AM
76 1234