Saw this article in the Android Central blog. Has some interesting insights

5 things I learned traveling with the Honor 8 5 things I learned traveling with the Honor 8 | Android Central
    libra89 likes this.
    09-08-2016 12:14 PM
    Going to check it out, thanks.

Edit: I agree with most of the points. I have no experience with no.4 or 1 though to agree or disagree.
    09-08-2016 12:17 PM
    Should have been 8 things. Would have been catchier :P
    Ry and libra89 like this.
    09-08-2016 12:17 PM
    Should have been 8 things. Would have been catchier :P
    lol!
    09-08-2016 12:20 PM
    Going to check it out, thanks.

Edit: I agree with most of the points. I have no experience with no.4 or 1 though to agree or disagree.
    1.Dual sim is nice if you are traveling... Use your main sim for voice /messaging, and other for data... Since most want to keep the same phone number for people to contact them.

4. The issue is accessories... Many common Android phones support qualcomm quick charge, so if you want to quick charge at multiple places, then you would have to buy additional honor chargers. Alex also mentioned that it seemed to quick charge slower than other qc 2/3 phones... For whatever reason
    09-08-2016 01:49 PM
    Should have been 8 things. Would have been catchier
    You need to give Alex 3 more items, then he can update it to 8!
    09-08-2016 01:50 PM
    1.Dual sim is nice if you are traveling... Use your main sim for voice /messaging, and other for data... Since most want to keep the same phone number for people to contact them.

4. The issue is accessories... Many common Android phones support qualcomm quick charge, so if you want to quick charge at multiple places, then you would have to buy additional honor chargers. Alex also mentioned that it seemed to quick charge slower than other qc 2/3 phones... For whatever reason
    I can understand that, that makes sense about the dual sim thing.

Noted. I think I'm probably an oddball on that one, I don't quick charge outside of my home. When I need to charge at work or my car, I use my trusted Monoprice USB-C to USB-A cable. I just have a plug that my brother gave me that came with his mobile hotspot and I connect that cable in it. No issues. In the car, I have a Monoprice car charger that accepts USB-C and USB-A cables. The only downside is no quick charging (at least with the A connection, haven't tried the C), but it still charges at a decent rate.
    09-08-2016 02:00 PM
    I can understand that, that makes sense about the dual sim thing.

Noted. I think I'm probably an oddball on that one, I don't quick charge outside of my home. When I need to charge at work or my car, I use my trusted Monoprice USB-C to USB-A cable. I just have a plug that my brother gave me that came with his mobile hotspot and I connect that cable in it. No issues. In the car, I have a Monoprice car charger that accepts USB-C and USB-A cables. The only downside is no quick charging (at least with the A connection, haven't tried the C), but it still charges at a decent rate.
    The convenience of quick charging is that you can significantly boost the battery in a short period of time... If you don't need that, then this won't be an issue for you.
    09-08-2016 02:35 PM
    The convenience of quick charging is that you can significantly boost the battery in a short period of time... If you don't need that, then this won't be an issue for you.
    Hmm okay. I think you are right here.
    09-08-2016 02:45 PM
    You need to give Alex 3 more items, then he can update it to 8!
    That's easy!
    6) This thing is shiny. Don't point it at direct sunlight or prepare to be blinded or leave someone blind. You can also knock down planes and birds.
    7) When people ask you how are you liking your S7, slap them in the face with the home-buttonless bottom bezel.
    8) Don't try to get people to properly pronounce the manufacturer's name or asking them not to giggle.

Done!
    libra89 and Ry like this.
    09-08-2016 02:59 PM
    That's easy!
    6) This thing is shiny. Don't point it at direct sunlight or prepare to be blinded or leave someone blind. You can also knock down planes and birds.
    7) When people ask you how are you liking your S7, slap them in the face with the home-buttonless bottom bezel.
    8) Don't try to get people to properly pronounce the manufacturer's name or asking them not to giggle.

Done!
    Wow, so insightful. Android Central should choose you to be the new EIC!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:40 PM
    I've been seeing mixed things about this. Honor USA on twitter mentioned being able use 9V/2A power banks to quick charge, and some owners I've seen mention getting faster charging from QC chargers. Maybe not full speed, but not like if it was on a 5V/1A charger either.
    09-08-2016 03:58 PM
    I've been seeing mixed things about this. Honor USA on twitter mentioned being able use 9V/2A power banks to quick charge, and some owners I've seen mention getting faster charging from QC chargers. Maybe not full speed, but not like if it was on a 5V/1A charger either.
    This is what Andrew said :

using a 9V/2A brick that can add 45% to the battery in just 30 minutes. When plugging it into my Quick Charge 3.0 wall plug or Quick Charge 2.0 battery it would only pull about 5V/1A, which is rather slow ... a "standard" 5V/2A charging plug gave it the best speeds outside of its own in-box charger

http://m.androidcentral.com/honor-8-review
    09-08-2016 05:14 PM