Just realized this phone has an iPhone-like Control Center on the lock screen

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Ha! I've had this phone for a week and a day now, and only just realized yesterday that it has a dock that's available from the bottom of the lock screen that gives you quick access to the voice recorder, calculator, flashlight and camera, in addition to the controls that allow you to work with the picture files that are displayed on the default "magazine"-style lock screen that the phone uses.

Definitely need to sit down and read the user manual I downloaded for this phone. I had thoroughly explored through all the Settings that are available through the phone's main Settings menu, but all of this stuff for the lock screen just doesn't exist there. It seems to only be accessible from this dock on the lock screen itself. :p

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
It took me a while to find that too. I think I am going to follow you in your footsteps and download that manual.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the thing that really surprises me about discovering this dock is that I read plenty of reviews and watched multiple videos about this phone before deciding to buy one and try it out for myself and I swear that not one of those reviews said boo about the lock screen dock. (Makes me wonder if any of the reviewers even knew about it). haha

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I believe one of the vids about EMUI 4.0 that user samix posted did show that feature.
Pretty cool!
iOS comes to Android :)

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Ooh reading the manual, I just learned that you can hide apps with the default launcher, so I had to change back. I wonder what else I'll learn from this. I can deal without the app drawer if I can hide the apps I don't care for.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ooh reading the manual, I just learned that you can hide apps with the default launcher, so I had to change back. I wonder what else I'll learn from this. I can deal without the app drawer if I can hide the apps I don't care for.

Yes, that is a nice feature. Let us know what else you find!

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I was surprised by that as well. Also they do the notification badges on the top right corner of icons, just like Apple does. They really did make things quite similar to iOS in a number of ways. :p

But the default launcher still isn't going to win me over and replace Nova. I can't live without my custom gesture commands, custom grid size and being able to swap out icon packs. haha

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I was surprised by that as well. Also they do the notification badges on the top right corner of icons, just like Apple does. They really did make things quite similar to iOS in a number of ways.

But the default launcher still isn't going to win me over and replace Nova. I can't live without my custom gesture commands, custom grid size and being able to swap out icon packs. haha
I don't blame you at all. I keep changing, at least you can change the icons when/if you get bored.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was surprised by that as well. Also they do the notification badges on the top right corner of icons, just like Apple does. They really did make things quite similar to iOS in a number of ways.

The notification badges are awesome. I use Nova /TeslaUnread to get badges on my note 7. But it is nice to have a built in option

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... Libra89's screenshot of the lock screen dock is different from mine with what's shown for the first app icon. His is voicemail, whereas mine is the recorder. Hmmm... Maybe that's due to my using Google Voice for voicemail (and calls) and thus I don't use the regular voicemail app...?

Screenshot_2016-09-11-19-53-08.jpg

Too bad they don't seem to give you the option to alter the apps that are available with this dock. That would have been a nice bonus feature, IMO.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Interesting... Libra89's screenshot of the lock screen dock is different from mine with what's shown for the first app icon. His is voicemail, whereas mine is the recorder. Hmmm... Maybe that's due to my using Google Voice for voicemail (and calls) and thus I don't use the regular voicemail app...?

View attachment 239156

Too bad they don't seem to give you the option to alter the apps that are available with this dock. That would have been a nice bonus feature, IMO.
Wow, that's interesting that it is different.

I tapped it thanks to your observation and it takes me to the sound recorder. Do you have a custom launcher, or mods or something along those lines? I just have the default launcher at the moment.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's interesting that it is different.

I tapped it thanks to your observation and it takes me to the sound recorder. Do you have a custom launcher, or mods or something along those lines? I just have the default launcher at the moment.

Yeah, I'm using Nova Launcher and a theme for EMUI-based phones, that's available from the XDA Forums. Those are the only "mods" I've done to it. I'm guessing it's the "VUI" theme, if it's either of those things that are causing this difference...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12