correct me if i am wrong but i feel like there is less and less needs to buy a phone from your carrier. all these flagship like phones are showing up to the party for a fraction of the cost. I think Honor is one of the top ones. what is going to happen to the samsung and lgs of the world?
    09-13-2016 04:17 PM
    correct me if i am wrong but i feel like there is less and less needs to buy a phone from your carrier. all these flagship like phones are showing up to the party for a fraction of the cost. I think Honor is one of the top ones. what is going to happen to the samsung and lgs of the world?
    I do expect consumer habits to shift a bit, but in the US as long as we have CDMA carriers carrier devices will rule supreme. You also get better support and physical stores to play with devices. It is hard to go without your phone these days and a carrier can usually swap you our a defective device in store.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2016 04:24 PM
    That's probably why apple is giving away free iPhones with iphone 6 trade in... To lock you in for 2 years

Also you should be aware that warranty claims would need to go through the manufacturer, and carriers are quick to blame the non carrier phone whenever you have any network issues... Happened to me.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2016 04:40 PM
    As said, this will probably only be a thing for some. I don't think it will ever be old news in the United States. Thankfully, things are shifting but considering the cost of the flagship phones and also the appeal of just financing to have the new shiny, I doubt it.

Additionally in some cases, they are kind of married to their carrier for one reason or another. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Sprint only do leasing unless you BYOD? What can one really do there?
    09-13-2016 04:49 PM
    As said, this will probably only be a thing for some. I don't think it will ever be old news in the United States. Thankfully, things are shifting but considering the cost of the flagship phones and also the appeal of just financing to have the new shiny, I doubt it.

Additionally in some cases, they are kind of married to their carrier for one reason or another. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Sprint only do leasing unless you BYOD? What can one really do there?
    Wow that would suck... Leasing phones leaves you perpetually tied to the carrier
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2016 06:59 PM