Honor 8 or Nexus 6p?

JR Escobar

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I am in need of a new phone, should I go with a 64 Nexus 6p or a new Honor 8? I like them both for different reason and think I could live well with either. Thanks!

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I am in need of a new phone, should I go with a 64 Nexus 6p or a new Honor 8? I like them both for different reason and think I could live well with either. Thanks!

This is an Honor 8 forum, so I think you will probably see bias in favor of the 8. Nexus is the way to go if you want updates for sure. The screen is also higher res. It does cost more though and without freebies floating around. If you can hold off till the Pixel phones are announced, you will likely be able to get it significantly cheaper.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They are both great choices... Depends on what you want and need...can you give us a little more info on that?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
If that is the case, I think more likely than not you will want the Honor, it is significantly more compact all around.
This. The size difference feels huge! The Honor 8 is even shorter than the Nexus 5x. One complaint I hear about the 6p is the tallness of it.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I have both and love both. If I had to chose I would have to go with the Nexus 6P for the larger screen and ability to use all USA carriers and their MVOs along with quick software updates. My 6P has been on Android 7 Beta for about three months and was just updated to 7.0

Performance is about the same for both -- fast.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have both and love both. If I had to chose I would have to go with the Nexus 6P for the larger screen and ability to use all USA carriers and their MVOs along with quick software updates. My 6P has been on Android 7 Beta for about three months and was just updated to 7.0

Performance is about the same for both -- fast.
I hope that honor would make a smartphone fully compatible with USA networks. Especially since I am on Verizon and most unlocked phones don't work

burtonvdp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Nexus 6p for a while and I love it but I just ordered an honor 8. To be fair I dont keep phones for all that long to begin with, so I'm really not choosing one over the other. I'm just tired of the phablet feel and I'm wanting to go back to something that fits nicely in the pocket. I will probably be picking up a pixel phone as well but I'm not going to buy one till at least the new year. Lets put it this way, my absolute favorite phone of all times for feel was the Moto X original design.... So as you can tell I like smaller phones... I just also value software and cameras. It was either the Honor 8 or samsung S7 and I cant bring myself to buying another S series phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy