OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Honor 8?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Little things you like about the Honor 8

One thing I just noticed is how the lock screen looks like when you play music.

Attachments

• 2867.jpg
    2867.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 230

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the heads up.

I like the fact that it shows the icon of who sent what notification rather then just the notification icon for Twitter, Tapatalk, etc.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
The speed and responsiveness of this phone is excellent, love the size, the feel, the design, the screen, the simplicity, the fingerprint scanner the camera, and the price.

My history is as an iPhone user up until the Galaxy Note 3. Then I moved to Note 4, Note 5, and recently Note 7. All along using a corporate iphone 6 as well. Bought this phone after returning Note 7 to feed my urge for a new phone. Didn't want to spend flagship money on a Non-Galaxy Note phone. My intention was that this phone become a sidekick to my note 5 and avoid the urge to go to iphone 7 Plus.

Happy to say that after 4 days this Honor 8 is now my daily driver. I even like it better than my note 5 and the iphone and I have saved $600.

I will miss Samsung Pay, Spen, and the bigger Quad HD display, but this screen is very nice and I am not having to disable my whole phone and do all types of tricks to get good battery life like I always had to do with Samsung. Still love Sammy but I'm loving the simple life. Great buy.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I love the overall size of this phone and it's amazing good looks (with the blue color). It's easy to use with one hand and just looks amazing!

The fingerprint scanner is decently fast and I love that you can assign a few custom gesture commands to it.

Battery life has been great for me. I get around 6+ hours of SOT on a daily basis.

Speed and performance have been impressive.

Power and volume button placement on the side. They're placed in a decent spot and arrangement, unlike the buttons on the Nexus 6P which I always had issues with accidentally pressing. (Man, I REALLY hate the button placement on the 6P)!!! :p

But the looks of the blue model are easily the best thing about this phone for me personally. I am SO sick of phones in this country almost always only being available in black or white! Ugh! Boring!! This blue Honor 8 just kills any other phone out there, when it comes to looks, IMO. haha

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I love the overall size of this phone and it's amazing good looks (with the blue color). It's easy to use with one hand and just looks amazing!

The fingerprint scanner is decently fast and I love that you can assign a few custom gesture commands to it.

Battery life has been great for me. I get around 6+ hours of SOT on a daily basis.

Power and volume button placement on the side. They're placed in a decent spot and arrangement, unlike the buttons on the Nexus 6P which I always had issues with accidentally pressing. (Man, I REALLY hate the button placement on the 6P)!!!

But the looks of the blue model are easily the best thing about this phone for me personally. I am SO sick of phones in this country almost always only being available in black or white! Ugh! Boring!! This blue Honor 8 just kills any other phone out there, when it comes to looks, IMO. haha
I wished that they did a coral blue similar to the note 7 . that really stood out. This blue is nice too though

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Power and volume button placement on the side. They're placed in a decent spot and arrangement, unlike the buttons on the Nexus 6P which I always had issues with accidentally pressing. (Man, I REALLY hate the button placement on the 6P)!!!

Everything ranphi said to be honest. Speaking of the power button and volume button, I like that the power button has some kind of groove or so and with that, you can never get mixed up with which one is which.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Love the phone. Would like to see more capability using the SD card -- able to move apps to SD and use it as expandable memory.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Everything ranphi said to be honest. Speaking of the power button and volume button, I like that the power button has some kind of groove or so and with that, you can never get mixed up with which one is which.
That's a small but nice touch!

HonorUSA_Eric

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
libra89, thank you for your comment! We're glad to hear that you like how the music player looks on the lock screen of the Honor 8. Here at Honor, we love getting feedback from our customers. (ED)

HonorUSA_Eric

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

gdesanto, thank you for calling the Honor 8 "fast". We're very proud of the 4*Cortex A72 2.3GHz + 4*Cortex A53 1.8GHz + i5 co-processor in the device and we're glad to hear that you're pleased with its performance. (ED)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

gdesanto, thank you for calling the Honor 8 "fast". We're very proud of the 4*Cortex A72 2.3GHz + 4*Cortex A53 1.8GHz + i5 co-processor in the device and we're glad to hear that you're pleased with its performance. (ED)
Is it 14nm?

HonorUSA_Eric

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Ev C thank you for your comment! We're glad to hear that you're pleased with the speed, responsiveness, size, design, screen, simplicity, camera, fingerprint scanner, and price of the Honor 8. Here at Honor, we love hearing from our customers. (ED)

HonorUSA_Eric

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
ranphi, we appreciate your feedback! We're pleased to hear that you liked the size, look, battery life, speed, performance and interface of the Honor 8. We love the blue 8 as well and we made it specifically to give our customers more options in color. (ED)

HonorUSA_Eric

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
edwin walke, that's awesome! When one of our customers tell us they love our phone, it humbles us. We'll definitely forward your comment about the capability of the SD card to our development team as we're always looking to improve our products. (ED)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12