OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Honor 8?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I keep finding things. Learned in the manual that when you get to two lines in a text message, you can make the message you are typing full screen by tapping the box thing on the left. It only works for SMS though. I am so going to use this. Scrolling up and down in a text message is for the birds.
af259e33dcdced8455dd7a6d49a05d6e.jpg

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
So far I have not found anything to dislike. It is a fantastic phone, camera, music box, net surfer, great size, build, and on and on

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner is awesome, not one fail so far.
The camera in manual mode can keep up with the big boys that cost hundreds of dollars more.
I love the way the light refracts from the Sapphire Blue back cover and am very happy with the clear case that I got over the weekend.

So far I am very happy with it.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@worldspy99 - 100% agree with everything you said. Fingerprint sensor is a win. Camera is solid, and the one I have (black) looks really darn sharp.

For what it's worth it feels solid in the hand as well. The Honor 8 is a few steps up from the 5X I used some time ago.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Love the build quality. It looks and feels great. The camera is awesome. Love that you can use it in auto and get a great shot, but you also can go to Pro mode for more control.

The fingerprint sensor is my #1 favorite feature though. Definitely.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Man, if the embedded video issue is indeed fixed, this may have to be my next phone. I'm really looking for something that won't break the bank but still give me a great and reliable experience.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This thing filled the bill in many areas.
Reminds me of the Xperia Z3 in size and format.

K...what is good for me:
Phone looks very jewel like.
IR Blaster works very well with the provided database.
The device build is a unified success in my opinion.

Glad I went for the black version.
Definitely a fan.

More later...

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

K...what is good for me:

Definitely a fan.

More later...

I never thought I'd use an IR blaster, but now I have my TV, my mom's, and the one in the break room at my work programmed. Definitely handy.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

K...what is good for me:

Definitely a fan.

More later...

Sweet!
Funny that you mention that it reminds you of the Xperia Z3 in size, because the Z3 is barely different.

Visual Phone Size Comparison

Need to try this IR Blaster that you and @Etyrnus are talking about. Never had one before lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I'd use an IR blaster, but now I have my TV, my mom's, and the one in the break room at my work programmed. Definitely handy.

Ir blaster is certainly awesome simply because I always have my smartphone with me.I don't have to hunt for the remote

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Ir blaster is certainly awesome simply because I always have my smartphone with me.I don't have to hunt for the remote

Now if the amazon Firestick remote app was more reliable...but I've had a problem with that on every phone I've tried it on.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Smart Key, it is an awesome feature once you get the hang of it and start using it regularly! I wish all rear fingerprint scanners had this feature!