OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Honor 8?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Another thing I like is the excellent connectivity. I am a chronic switcher so I like to change up my phones every now and then. Since having the Honor 8, I can't help but notice the difference between it and my other 3 devices. I have way less of a struggle getting connected at work. I wouldn't say that the difference is night and day, just that the difference is noticeable. This phone has changed how I view connectivity.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I like is the excellent connectivity. I am a chronic switcher so I like to change up my phones every now and then. Since having the Honor 8, I can't help but notice the difference between it and my other 3 devices. I have way less of a struggle getting connected at work. I wouldn't say that the difference is night and day, just that the difference is noticeable. This phone has changed how I view connectivity.

Are you referring to cellular and wifi?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

That's pretty awesome. Connectivity is probably the least discussed in the reviews

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The screen...

The screen on the honor 8 is phenomenal as far as I'm concerned.
A few of the reviews about this the device have dissed the screen...I'm not sure why certain reviewers didn't think it was up to standards.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The screen...

The screen on the honor 8 is phenomenal as far as I'm concerned.
A few of the reviews about this the device have dissed the screen...I'm not sure why certain reviewers didn't think it was up to standards.

It's about color accuracy. Personally I don't care too much so long as it isn't over the top. But those who put color accuracy very high on the list shouldn't get it. But let's be honest for a second... Top end chip,camera, build , and radios for$400. Damn.

Of course if you want the most accurate panel then get the iPhone 7 for significantly more.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty awesome. Connectivity is probably the least discussed in the reviews

I could not agree more, I've not tried the Honor 8, but have tried other non flagship less expensive phones : ZTE Axon 7 and Oneplus 3 lately, both of those had terrible cell signal strength /reception, I returned the Axon 7, and missed the 15 day return cutoff on the Oneplus 3 by a day, so it's going on Swappa or Ebay. I'm back to using my Nexus 6 and not having to worry about missing calls, dropped calls, and constantly looking to see if I have a phone signal. I'm in the USA, on AT&T, and other than my Nexus 6 I can not find an unbranded, unlocked phone to trust as a reliable phone other than my Google play store Nexus 6. I really wish that the people doing the professional reviews had some more information on antenna quality, cell signal strength.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I could not agree more, I've not tried the Honor 8, but have tried other non flagship less expensive phones : ZTE Axon 7 and Oneplus 3 lately, both of those had terrible cell signal strength /reception, I returned the Axon 7, and missed the 15 day return cutoff on the Oneplus 3 by a day, so it's going on Swappa or Ebay. I'm back to using my Nexus 6 and not having to worry about missing calls, dropped calls, and constantly looking to see if I have a phone signal. I'm in the USA, on AT&T, and other than my Nexus 6 I can not find an unbranded, unlocked phone to trust as a reliable phone other than my Google play store Nexus 6. I really wish that the people doing the professional reviews had some more information on antenna quality, cell signal strength.

Yeah I am aware of the complaints about thr radios on the op3 And Axon 7. I am in weak signal sreas often so I eliminate any phones with weak radios off the bat.

muertolives

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Funny you mention you got this to avoid the urge to upgrade to Iphone 7. Im in the same boat. Iove apple but didnt want to pay the price any more. After two weeks with this thing I'm not missing apple at all. Its a great phone.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Can any owners comment on the Audio Quality? Especially through earphones, and maybe with flac or lossless files? Thanks !

Mmmm...
Audio seems fine to me in any format.

At times I'll use an FiiO Mount Blanc amp to drive certain headphones for more volume.
Most of my listening is from streaming with Napster on Sony MDR-7506 cans.
Music thru a headset should be good for anyone in my opinion.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
How is gaming performance? I occasionally play hardware intensive games and I truly, truly hate lag!

I've played Implosion, Thomas was Alone, Limbo, Don't Starve, Riptide GP Renegade, GTA Chinatown Wars, Smashing the Battle, Lost Echo,Alto's Adventure, Hardcode VR, Dan the Man, Vector 2, and Boom Beach, and none of them have had an issue.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not to take things off topic here but one of the things I really like about the Honor 8 (besides the blazing fast fingerprint sensor) is something extremely basic... the physical size of the phone.

For the last 2-3 years I've been on larger display phones, and while I really love the screen size, I had forgotten how easy (and pocketable) the smaller size phones are. I'm able to complete a lot more actions one handed, and it's overall just plain easier to handle.

Anyone else agree?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not to take things off topic here but one of the things I really like about the Honor 8 (besides the blazing fast fingerprint sensor) is something extremely basic... the physical size of the phone.

For the last 2-3 years I've been on larger display phones, and while I really love the screen size, I had forgotten how easy (and pocketable) the smaller size phones are. I'm able to complete a lot more actions one handed, and it's overall just plain easier to handle.

Anyone else agree?

I don't have one yet, but that makes sense. The slightly smaller screen requires you to stretch your fingers less reaching to the far corners of the screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci