OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Honor 8?

shashank1320

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Speed due to Kirin 950 and i5 co-processor.
Dual camera and various emui features for messaging, privacy, traffic manager and multiple usage of FP scanner aprt from just unlocking the phone.

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I've enjoyed the Smart Key function of the fingerprint sensor. I have each of the settings (one press, double press, press & hold) set up for 3 different things, and I'm actually using them. All other phones should be doing the same type of thing. For example, the fingerprint sensor on the Moto Z doesn't even double as a home button. Seems like wasted functionality. The Honor 8 takes full advantage of the fingerprint sensor.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've enjoyed the Smart Key function of the fingerprint sensor. I have each of the settings (one press, double press, press & hold) set up for 3 different things, and I'm actually using them. All other phones should be doing the same type of thing. For example, the fingerprint sensor on the Moto Z doesn't even double as a home button. Seems like wasted functionality. The Honor 8 takes full advantage of the fingerprint sensor.

^ This. Couldn't agree more.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I keep forgetting about the that quicky menu from the lockscreen by swiping up.
EMUI has so much it's a little hard to keep track.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Not to take things off topic here but one of the things I really like about the Honor 8 (besides the blazing fast fingerprint sensor) is something extremely basic... the physical size of the phone.

For the last 2-3 years I've been on larger display phones, and while I really love the screen size, I had forgotten how easy (and pocketable) the smaller size phones are. I'm able to complete a lot more actions one handed, and it's overall just plain easier to handle.

Anyone else agree?

I can agree to an extent, but I'm one of those people who wish that it was a bit smaller. It is a great size for a 5.2" screen phone though.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I can agree to an extent, but I'm one of those people who wish that it was a bit smaller. It is a great size for a 5.2" screen phone though.

My largest phone was the Lumia 1520, and that was a lot to keep in a pocket. This phone is perfect for pocketing.

I do wish the 5-5.2 segment was seeing more variety.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I see a good variety within 5-5.2. S7,htc10 lg g5

Maybe I should have been more specific, I meant by the "budget tier" like the Honor 8, Axon 7, OP3, etc. The Honor 8 stands out as the only "flagship-tier" device in the $400 and under category, at least for US availability.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
My largest phone was the Lumia 1520, and that was a lot to keep in a pocket. This phone is perfect for pocketing.

I do wish the 5-5.2 segment was seeing more variety.

Yeah I can get where you are coming from. The 1520 was a really big phone, so I see why you say that. I have owned the Lumia 521 (4" screen) and since leaving that size, I have missed it every time. 5" is not really big for me, even though smaller is nice, because lady pockets kind of suck already. For context, I also own an iPhone SE, and it works with a good amount of my pockets, but no customization in the long run is hard for me to deal with. lol.

I agree with you on your point though. Sony has maybe 2 devices in that budget/midrange space, which I have flirted with trying, but each one has a big downfall. The Honor 8 seems to compromise the least.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should have been more specific, I meant by the "budget tier" like the Honor 8, Axon 7, OP3, etc. The Honor 8 stands out as the only "flagship-tier" device in the $400 and under category, at least for US availability.

If you are hard set on the$400 then sure. But the lg g5 can be had for $430 although only six months warranty. You can extend the warranty to eighteen months for another$25.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/lg-g5-dual-sim-lg-h860n-unlocked-32gb-gold-288133/

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Plenty of choices... and in all honesty all phones suggested here are solid. The quality of 'budget' devices has improved dramatically over the last year. Impressive to say the least.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Plenty of choices... and in all honesty all phones suggested here are solid. The quality of 'budget' devices has improved dramatically over the last year. Impressive to say the least.

Most definitely. There is so much competition in the budget market

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Two things:
Screen see-a-bility outdoors :)
Anxious to see what new firmware can unlock with this phone.

I'm kind of thinking the honor 8 might have been aimed at the alleged EMUI 5.0 yet was released early to give the other 400 dollar phones a run for the market.
Maybe I read this somewhere...I forget.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Nothing not to like except the ability to add internal memory from a SD card. Android 6 and 7 support it. I found a way but it involves some cmd line windows work. HONOR PLEASE FIX

Thanks

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This phone is great for someone like myself who isn't any kind of expert.
There are some things feature wise that seem incomplete to me.

The build of this device is stupendous.
It's unitized feel is really quite striking.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
This phone is great for someone like myself who isn't any kind of expert.
There are some things feature wise that seem incomplete to me.

The build of this device is stupendous.
It's unitized feel is really quite striking.

My exact thoughts. It's a phone for people who want to just have a phone work. Curious what feels incomplete though.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely good to see a lot of happy owners. I'm still on the fence. I just got my Pixel XL and while it's an incredible phone, it's so expensive. Just not sure it's worth the coin right now. So I'm looking at the Honor 8, Axon 7 or maybe even OP3. This phone is REALLY tempting me right now, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech