OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Honor 8?

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
So Larue's a cheapskate Lol ...
Nah, he's particular. It took him a while to settle into the Xperia Z3 (which I also owned prior and is a great phone) from the Lumia 920, and when I asked him about the Honor 8, he said no.

Kinda surprised you ended up with the Honor 8...

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Really wanted the Z3 actually.
Looking at the honor 8 it looked a lot like the Z3.

So here we are.
Can't say anything bad about the honor frankly.
I carry it everywhere with me.
Z3 was really, really good. Wish the camera was a little bit better though.

What color is your Honor 8? I went old school and got a black one. All the colors, including the gold, looks really good...

fred_mc

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I like that NFC is pretty sensitive. I have diabetes and use NFC to read a blood sugar sensor I have on my arm. With previous phones I've tried with from Sony and Samsung I've had to hold the phone very close to the sensor with the back side of the phone against the sensor (a certain point on the back side). With the Honor 8, I don't have to hold the phone fully that close (can even read through a thick jacket) and I can read with the upper short side against the sensor, which is easier than holding the back side against the sensor.

ce_tx

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I think the black is the most underrated of the colors. The gold looks really good and I feel that the white and blue are the top two choices.

Black was the most logical choice for me. I love how the blue looks on the back, but I don't care for the blue bezels. I find them distracting. On the other hand, the unicolor design of this phone really contributes to how beautiful it is. So...all black for me. Very happy with my choice!

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Black was the most logical choice for me. I love how the blue looks on the back, but I don't care for the blue bezels. I find them distracting. On the other hand, the unicolor design of this phone really contributes to how beautiful it is. So...all black for me. Very happy with my choice!
For me, the white was the first choice. But I realized i had not had a black model since a brief time with a Z3 (before i went with the silver green) and decided i needed to go "black to basics". I don't regret my color choice one bit either.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For me, the white was the first choice. But I realized i had not had a black model since a brief time with a Z3 (before i went with the silver green) and decided i needed to go "black to basics". I don't regret my color choice one bit either.

"Black to basics..."

I see what you did there.

And awesome colour choice! I have yet to see a black phone that surpasses the beauty of the black Honor 8.

Crystal Reinl

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Aparelho de grande performance. Robusto em poder e velocidade e ao mesmo tempo, super delicado e com bom acabamento na sua construção geral.. Muito Lindo!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can't pick one thing about this phone as it has a bundle of cool things. First of all, I just can't stop appreciating the design which it comes with and how majestic feeling it gives you when you hold Honor 8. Talking further, I would say, I love the brilliant camera and its low light clicking capabilities. Also the smooth performance when it comes to gaming and low battery dissipation rate make this phone best for me or maybe for anyone.

I agree - the design and camera quality are excellent. The dual cameras are superb.

Sungjin

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Has to be the wide aperture mode on the camera. It's pretty crazy that you can adjust the focus after having taken the photo. I use a V20 as my daily driver but damn do I miss that wide aperture mode when I don't have my Honor 8 with me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Has to be the wide aperture mode on the camera. It's pretty crazy that you can adjust the focus after having taken the photo. I use a V20 as my daily driver but damn do I miss that wide aperture mode when I don't have my Honor 8 with me.

Yes, the dual camera setup and the camera in general are wonderful additions to the phone.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
What I like most about my honor 8 is that it's...
"SOLD!"

Kind of made me sad that it was just stored away for so long unused.
On it's way to a new lease on life!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What I like most about my honor 8 is that it's...
"SOLD!"

Kind of made me sad that it was just stored away for so long unused.
On it's way to a new lease on life!

Oh wow. Makes sense though if your weren't using it. Did you get anything as it's replacement?