09-26-2016 01:28 PM
26 12
tools
    So I have been a long time lurker, and recently using an iPhone (used many androids in the past), and was wondering how the honor 8 is holding up? Looks like a great phone, but being that I just recently will be switching from verizon, I do not have much experience with Huawei outside of the 6P. For those who have it, how does it seem to be holding up in day to day use?
    09-13-2016 07:24 PM
    It's a star. Cameras are good, battery life is great, day to day performance I never have any issues. The fingerprint scanner is great and fast. For some reason, I keep having a lot of apps open and no issues switching between them.
    dpham00 and Premium1 like this.
    09-13-2016 07:34 PM
    I would also add that I think that honor made this phone with the Apple user in mind... Many things look very similar to ios. Imo, if you were switching from ios to Android then the honor 8 would be a good place to start
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2016 07:47 PM
    Great phone is all I have to say. Take it back if you don't like it, but I suspect you will.
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    09-13-2016 11:58 PM
    This is the best phone I have owned. Better than HTC one m7, 9 and A9. I have found nothing negative about it. The software is excellent. I am running Google's launcher which has an APP drawer and pure Android function.
    09-25-2016 10:40 AM
    Great phone. I highly recommend it to anyone. My lonely issues is no wifi calling. I even really like the stock UI.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-25-2016 12:21 PM
    My lonely issues is no wifi calling.
    Try the Google hangouts dialer.
    I have it on my honor 5X and it is working very well for me.
    09-25-2016 12:27 PM
    I switched from a Nexus 5x, and actually enjoy the Honor 8 more.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-25-2016 12:47 PM
    So I have been a long time lurker, and recently using an iPhone (used many androids in the past), and was wondering how the honor 8 is holding up? Looks like a great phone, but being that I just recently will be switching from verizon, I do not have much experience with Huawei outside of the 6P. For those who have it, how does it seem to be holding up in day to day use?
    Honor 8 is a great phone indeed. Huawei was the one who made the Nexus 6P and if you like it then definitely your gonna love the honor 8. Great phone with good looks and a great camera. All that at a reasonable price too. Go for it.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-25-2016 03:23 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. Been looking at this thing for awhile now. I'd really like to pick one up. But I can't find any skins or anything for it. Anyone got any leads on skins and minimal cases? Don't want to damage this baby.
    09-25-2016 03:54 PM
    Anyone got any leads on skins and minimal cases?
    Might be some helpful info here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/hon...es-covers.html
    libra89 and Wildo6882 like this.
    09-25-2016 04:13 PM
    I am so tempted to try one based on what you guys are saying hopefully honor will make one compatible with Verizon
    Premium1 and Guytronic like this.
    09-25-2016 05:26 PM
    I am so tempted to try one based on what you guys are saying hopefully honor will make one compatible with Verizon
    This was a problem for me as well. I ditched t-mobile for page plus (verizon mvno) two years ago and never wanted to go back. Luckily t-mobile has improved quite a bit in my area and I haven't had so many problems. Unfortunately this isn't true for everybody.

As far as the phone goes, it's hard not to love it. I'm so glad I gave it a shot. Even if the pixels come in at $400 (they're more likely starting at $650) I'd stay with Honor. I love the features, and Honor has already rolled out a security patch, just for the hell of it. No other oem does that. Worst case scenario you can return it, but I don't think you will!
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    09-25-2016 06:32 PM
    This was a problem for me as well. I ditched t-mobile for page plus (verizon mvno) two years ago and never wanted to go back. Luckily t-mobile has improved quite a bit in my area and I haven't had so many problems. Unfortunately this isn't true for everybody.

As far as the phone goes, it's hard not to love it. I'm so glad I gave it a shot. Even if the pixels come in at $400 (they're more likely starting at $650) I'd stay with Honor. I love the features, and Honor has already rolled out a security patch, just for the hell of it. No other oem does that. Worst case scenario you can return it, but I don't think you will!
    Samsung has actually been really good at releasing security patches. I had the s7 edge and the note 7 and both were either up to date or at most a month behind.if course they also cost a lot more
    09-25-2016 08:41 PM
    This is probably one of the best Chinese phones I have owned and I have owned pretty much everything from Huawei, Xiaomi, Meizu and some other brands people wouldn't have heard of.

The Honor 8 is even better than the Huawei Mate S - which I used as a daily driver for a couple of months earlier this year. The size is right, the screen is great, battery life is good, you can run all the apps you want without the phone slowing down (sorry I don't play any games on the phone). Fingerprint scanner is probably the best in business and audio isn't too shabby either. Oh and the camera is pretty good regardless of price, especially in manual mode.
    09-25-2016 09:17 PM
    Try the Google hangouts dialer.
    I have it on my honor 5X and it is working very well for me.
    Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try. I just got my HTC 10 and I still have a couple of days before I have to send my beloved Honor 8 back. I the hangouts dialer work for me I will keep the Honor and send the HTC back.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:52 PM
    This is probably one of the best Chinese phones I have owned and I have owned pretty much everything from Huawei, Xiaomi, Meizu and some other brands people wouldn't have heard of.

The Honor 8 is even better than the Huawei Mate S - which I used as a daily driver for a couple of months earlier this year. The size is right, the screen is great, battery life is good, you can run all the apps you want without the phone slowing down (sorry I don't play any games on the phone). Fingerprint scanner is probably the best in business and audio isn't too shabby either. Oh and the camera is pretty good regardless of price, especially in manual mode.
    Just curious as to where you live? I haven't seen those marketed for the usa audience.
    09-25-2016 11:57 PM
    Just curious as to where you live? I haven't seen those marketed for the usa audience.
    California, LA Metro area.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-26-2016 12:01 AM
    California, LA Metro area.
    So were the ones you got usa spec?
    09-26-2016 12:51 AM
    So were the ones you got usa spec?
    Not really, max speed you get is H+ on TMO on Xiaomi and Meizu devices. Huawei is a bit different. All the other devices like Elephone etc also get H/H+ and no LTE. Some have Play store installed and others require a bit of monkey business before you can get Google services working without any glitches.
    09-26-2016 01:23 AM
    Not really, max speed you get is H+ on TMO on Xiaomi and Meizu devices. Huawei is a bit different. All the other devices like Elephone etc also get H/H+ and no LTE. Some have Play store installed and others require a bit of monkey business before you can get Google services working without any glitches.
    You're a trooper to go down that road. I see a lot of cool phones, but no Band 12 is no deal for me. In my area, especially where I work, it makes the difference between Edge and LTE for me, just better coverage.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-26-2016 08:27 AM
    Yeah no lte would be a deal breaker for me.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2016 09:02 AM
    You're a trooper to go down that road. I see a lot of cool phones, but no Band 12 is no deal for me. In my area, especially where I work, it makes the difference between Edge and LTE for me, just better coverage.
    Thanks, I love tinkering with devices especially if the price is right!
    09-26-2016 10:17 AM
    Thanks, I love tinkering with devices especially if the price is right!
    Same here. Planning on picking up a Moto z droid for around $115 after promotions to play with. My choices are more limited since I have Verizon
    09-26-2016 10:55 AM
    Same here. Planning on picking up a Moto z droid for around $115 after promotions to play with. My choices are more limited since I have Verizon
    Took me a little bit of digging around but on Friday night I fixed a bricked Umi Super phone :-) Working fine now...
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-26-2016 11:27 AM
26 12