For those folks out there that would like their Honor 8 to have a regular Android look and function. make sure you have Google now launcher and then in settings go to Apps, then at the bottom left select advanced. Next go to default app settings, next select App launcher then select Google App. When you go back to your home page you will have an App drawer and the normal Android look and function. Give it a try. If you don't like it go back to the launcher page in settings and select Huawei home which is the only other selection. I have not tried using other launcher but they may work the same way.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-15-2016 01:09 PM
    Emui launcher is the worst. Nova will be the first thing I do when I get my phone tomorrow. There's really nothing you can do at the moment about the settings menu look or the notification menu.

If you've never tried any other launchers, give Nova (free) a shot. The customizability is a huge bonus. You can increase/decrease the grid to size you can add more icons, use a scrolling bottom dock, and many other cool things. Action launcher is pretty good too. The launchers wont interfere with Huawei's features, just the look of the desktop.
    09-15-2016 01:37 PM
    I always use the google now launcher and keyboard on my devices. They generally seem to work the best and have the most features I care about and both receive fairly frequent updates.
    efyoiphone likes this.
    09-15-2016 01:55 PM
    Thanks for sharing this, that is pretty cool.

There's also the Stockify emui theme in the play store, but in this case, I'm not sure which one is better.
    09-15-2016 02:04 PM
    Thanks for sharing this, that is pretty cool.

There's also the Stockify emui theme in the play store, but in this case, I'm not sure which one is better.
    I didn't know EMUI themes were a thing. I looked into it, and I stand corrected. You *can* change the settings/notification design via themes. Just found this on xda, it isn't 100% stock looking, but it's closer. I like it, looks much less like iOS. Nova on top of this will be a winner. Can't wait to try it.

[THEME][EMUI] MATERIAL VUi (UPATED 14/09/16) | Honor 8
    libra89 likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:23 PM
    I didn't know EMUI themes were a thing. I looked into it, and I stand corrected. You *can* change the settings/notification design via themes. Just found this on xda, it isn't 100% stock looking, but it's closer. I like it, looks much less like iOS. Nova on top of this will be a winner. Can't wait to try it.

[THEME][EMUI] MATERIAL VUi (UPATED 14/09/16) | Honor 8
    Let us know how that is for you. I just changed the font only and I am liking that so much. I can only imagine how this works.
    09-15-2016 03:32 PM
    I have been using Nova launcher on all my Androids.
    09-15-2016 03:51 PM
    Yup, I've been running both the VUI theme from XDA and Nova Launcher (though I just switched to Action Launcher the other day) since I got the phone on release day. I gave EMUI about half a day of usage and just couldn't stand it. haha
    libra89 likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:01 PM
    I'm going to give the stock launcher a try when I get mine, nova or gnow are always a backup
    libra89 likes this.
    09-15-2016 05:13 PM
    Emui launcher is the worst. Nova will be the first thing I do when I get my phone tomorrow. There's really nothing you can do at the moment about the settings menu look or the notification menu.

If you've never tried any other launchers, give Nova (free) a shot. The customizability is a huge bonus. You can increase/decrease the grid to size you can add more icons, use a scrolling bottom dock, and many other cool things. Action launcher is pretty good too. The launchers wont interfere with Huawei's features, just the look of the desktop.
    Nova is simply the best
    09-15-2016 05:22 PM