09-29-2016 08:03 PM
97 1234
tools
    I wonder if side loading youtube from another device would make any difference
    How does one accomplish this?
    09-20-2016 06:03 AM
    I played some videos on YouTube last night and didn't seem to have any issues. However, I read about this issue on the AndroidPolice review of this device.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-20-2016 10:50 AM
    How does one accomplish this?
    From the other device,use Astro or similar to backup the apk. Then copy the apk to the honor 8 and install it
    09-20-2016 01:05 PM
    The soft back glass. It's scratched on the back edges, you can run your fingers over the back and feel how deep they are. It has kinda lost its luster now lol.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-20-2016 03:05 PM
    The soft back glass. It's scratched on the back edges, you can run your fingers over the back and feel how deep they are. It has kinda lost its luster now lol.
    You do know that you get 3 months free glass replacement if you register right? I agree with you about the scratches, even though mine don't feel deep. I still plan to get it replaced before the window closes though, so that I can have a scratch free phone.
    09-20-2016 03:25 PM
    The video playback issue is definitely a nuisance. I'm forced to restart my phone once or twice a day because of it.

I've also experience a strange issue... The phone automatically answers calls when the screen is covered (facing down or in a pocket). This happens even with all of the motion control settings disabled.
    09-20-2016 03:26 PM
    You do know that you get 3 months free glass replacement if you register right? I agree with you about the scratches, even though mine don't feel deep. I still plan to get it replaced before the window closes though, so that I can have a scratch free phone.
    Yeah but that's just the front glass though right?
    09-20-2016 04:06 PM
    Well it is a glass back...other phones with glass backs have a similar issue
    09-20-2016 04:06 PM
    Yeah but that's just the front glass though right?
    It goes for both.
    ranphi likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:11 PM
    The video playback issue is definitely a nuisance. I'm forced to restart my phone once or twice a day because of it.

I've also experience a strange issue... The phone automatically answers calls when the screen is covered (facing down or in a pocket). This happens even with all of the motion control settings disabled.
    YES.... I'm not the only one with the CONSTANT need to reboot. I thought I had a lemon. I really hope that all that are having this problem report it..... JUST MAYBE, Honor will do something in the near term to correct this.
    09-20-2016 09:45 PM
    YES.... I'm not the only one with the CONSTANT need to reboot. I thought I had a lemon. I really hope that all that are having this problem report it..... JUST MAYBE, Honor will do something in the near term to correct this.
    Actually Android Police mentioned this issue as part of their review.
    ranphi and Guytronic like this.
    09-20-2016 11:11 PM
    When you say constant...how often? Once a day?
    09-21-2016 12:28 AM
    When you say constant...how often? Once a day?
    This is twice a day ... would be more but sometimes I just switch activities (because who has time to reboot constantly). It is not a deal breaker to some, but to me it is a MAJOR annoyance. I am really considering giving up and trying the Axon 7 again, since the update apparently solves some of the camera and radio woes.
    09-21-2016 06:01 AM
    I also performed a factory data reset in hopes of killing off the issue as was suggest earlier in this thread. I'm surprised that only three users have noticed this issue.
    09-21-2016 06:07 AM
    This is twice a day ... would be more but sometimes I just switch activities (because who has time to reboot constantly). It is not a deal breaker to some, but to me it is a MAJOR annoyance. I am really considering giving up and trying the Axon 7 again, since the update apparently solves some of the camera and radio woes.
    What sucks is I just cancelled my $277 axon 7 because of those problems . ugh
    09-21-2016 09:50 AM
    I also performed a factory data reset in hopes of killing off the issue as was suggest earlier in this thread. I'm surprised that only three users have noticed this issue.
    So the problem still persists after the factory data reset?
    09-21-2016 09:51 AM
    What sucks is I just cancelled my $277 axon 7 because of those problems . ugh
    If it's any consolation, I haven't had any video playback issues. Haven't rebooted or powered off except to insert my SD card. Watching Simpsons on FXNow app as we speak.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:09 AM
    I have to wait til I get back in an area to test.... accomplished it last night and when I was awaken by the sweet sound of my Honor 8 alarm, all of my apps had yet to download and the google play services update had yet to be applied. I can update the results later..... sincerely hope it works.
    09-21-2016 10:56 AM
    If it's any consolation, I haven't had any video playback issues. Haven't rebooted or powered off except to insert my SD card. Watching Simpsons on FXNow app as we speak.
    Well at least not everyone has the video playback issue...Wonder what the problem is.
    09-21-2016 03:04 PM
    Well at least not everyone has the video playback issue...Wonder what the problem is.
    I'm not sure, I've used the FXNow app, Comedy Central, Youtube, Reddit is Fun, and so far haven't had any video issues.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-21-2016 03:22 PM
    I'm not sure, I've used the FXNow app, Comedy Central, Youtube, Reddit is Fun, and so far haven't had any video issues.
    I mostly use YouTube and Netflix and no issues so far with my device.
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    09-21-2016 04:04 PM
    I mostly use YouTube and Netflix and no issues so far with my device.
    That's good to hear...that's what I mainly use
    09-21-2016 05:16 PM
    That's good to hear...that's what I mainly use
    So far so good... I reset the device and things seem to be much better now. HOPEFULLY this reset has done the trick.
    libra89 and HonorUSA_Noah like this.
    09-21-2016 06:09 PM
    Thanks for you feedback. I am leading the Honor team in the USA.
    1. for the app drawer I think you will get the answer for our next EMUI version 5.0
    2. for the camera speed I will try to feedback to R&D to check any solution for it.
    3. for accessories, what kind of accessories do you want for Honor 8? I will try to get more for US.
    4. There will be more colors coming, which color you want? Gold or pink? Black is already there now.
    5. for the GPU part, I play a lot of games on Smartphone. Until now there is no lag for me for the games. How about yours?
    ranphi, libra89, Guytronic and 2 others like this.
    09-21-2016 06:25 PM
    Thanks for you feedback. I am leading the Honor team in the USA.
    1. for the app drawer I think you will get the answer for our next EMUI version 5.0
    2. for the camera speed I will try to feedback to R&D to check any solution for it.
    3. for accessories, what kind of accessories do you want for Honor 8? I will try to get more for US.
    4. There will be more colors coming, which color you want? Gold or pink? Black is already there now.
    5. for the GPU part, I play a lot of games on Smartphone. Until now there is no lag for me for the games. How about yours?
    Not the original poster, but for number 3, chargers, both wall and car. And I see the folio style case on hihonor.com, but why no black for it?
    libra89 likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:45 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD