Honor 8 Bug/Dislikes reports

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Alright, now that I have my phone for a week and the shiny new toy syndrome has faded away let's address current bugs. This is not to bash Honor but hopefully they read these and can begin to address our issues...

Bugs:
1. This week I have the dishonor of having my video playback halted. ESPN videos were black but the audio played, YouTube videos would not play, but the sound would play when turn off the screen, and video from other sites would not open.

Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. I have read one reviews comments that states he ran into the issue as well.

The fix is a reboot....no bueno.

Fortunately...the only Bug for me.

Dislikes, or really things I would like to see implemented differently:

1. Option for app drawer (I like it surprisingly as it is, but an option would be nice)

2. Camera speed can be a little slow snap and the shutter speed can cause some slight blur.

3. Official accessories are minimal. (aupport us Honor, we will support you. We did buy the phone, show us love)

4. Make more colors available to the US market. Luv to have had the black Option.

5. Better GPU and processor... Dine with it as is, but I'm tired of people pointing at scores when real life performance is what matters.

Really that's it. I honestly fins this phone to be near perfect "for me". Size is good, weight and density are great, camera is pretty good, software to me is right where I would want save for the app drawer option. This things scrolls about as smooth as 6p and better than it when it comes to Chrome.

Posted from my Honor 8, stock UI, Google Keyboard.

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
In reference to #5, I'm curious how the Honor 8 does on Geekbench 4 since it's supposed to be more accurate.

Judging by what I've seen comma I would not expect the score to be amazingly better. It still boils down to this phone performing admirably. I have yet to experience any Slowdown outside of what would occur on any phone to include the iPhone.

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
In regard to number 1. This is becoming freaking annoying😠. I love this phone but if they don't find a fix for this soon....I'm bailing.

A YouTube savage....kinda disturbed that I have to keep rebooting. 😠😠😤😤😭😭

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Download Google launcher and select it and you will have the App drawer and more Android look.

Have it on mine and like it.

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Download Google launcher and select it and you will have the App drawer and more Android look.

Have it on mine and like it.

Would, but I like the stock Launcher... I only want the option to shut up the critics.any believe the software suck, citing the lack of an app drawer as the culprit.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Judging by what I've seen comma I would not expect the score to be amazingly better. It still boils down to this phone performing admirably. I have yet to experience any Slowdown outside of what would occur on any phone to include the iPhone.

Currently on an iPhone 7 Plus...it definitely has it's flaws.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Currently on an iPhone 7 Plus...it definitely has it's flaws.

Every OS, mobile or otherwise, has its flaws. As does every mobile device. I've used both Android and iOS throughout the years and neither of them are anywhere near perfect.

But perfect is an unrealistic expectation, really. You need to go with whatever device or OS fits you best (which is sometimes not an easy choice).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Every OS, mobile or otherwise, has its flaws. As does every mobile device. I've used both Android and iOS throughout the years and neither of them are anywhere near perfect.

But perfect is an unrealistic expectation, really. You need to go with whatever device or OS fits you best (which is sometimes not an easy choice).

That's so true. Many people think that the iPhone is infallible

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone is not perfect and it has some major issues for how I like to use my phones, but apps generally work without issue. This video playback is a MAJOR ISSUE.

I'm surprised this has not been expressed by others, except for one reviewer....literally reboot twice to three times a day.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry you have been having that issue. I don't have YouTube Red or Google play music so I can't play videos with the screen off. When I play other music with the screen off, I have no issues.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhone is not perfect and it has some major issues for how I like to use my phones, but apps generally work without issue. This video playback is a MAJOR ISSUE.

I'm surprised this has not been expressed by others, except for one reviewer....literally reboot twice to three times a day.

I experienced the youtube playback issue last night for the first time. After a reboot, it was fine. I'm sure the majority of the issues we are seeing will be fixed in an update. For now rebooting is a workaround, but rebooting is typically a workaround for a lot of different issues

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
It continues to happen over and over, it has to be rebooted now every few hours. Other video playback us affected as well. I'm having problems with imbedded videos on most sites....just dark screens but audio plays. The only thing that is killing this phone for me.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I experienced the youtube playback issue last night for the first time. After a reboot, it was fine. I'm sure the majority of the issues we are seeing will be fixed in an update. For now rebooting is a workaround, but rebooting is typically a workaround for a lot of different issues

On many platforms a reboot is definitely a workaround or solution, the only concern is the frequency. Every few days, not concerning, multiple times a day, concerning. I haven't experienced it yet, and don't really watch that much video content on my phone, but it's still one I hope is resolved quickly.

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
The problem is not as you have stated. The issue is that the YouTube app and videos imbedded in sites, like ESPN, will not play at all. If I'm lucky the audio will play. Just black screens of nothing. Infuriating for such a great device to have this critical flaw...smarthphones are consumption devices just as much as messaging and productivity devices...a third of my phone is missing.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem is not as you have stated. The issue is that the YouTube app and videos imbedded in sites, like ESPN, will not play at all. If I'm lucky the audio will play. Just black screens of nothing. Infuriating for such a great device to have this critical flaw...smarthphones are consumption devices just as much as messaging and productivity devices...a third of my phone is missing.

I don't seem to be having the issues with video playback that you are. It's possible that you may have an issue with the phone itself, maybe a defective unit? If you are still within the return/exchange window, you may want to try another unit.

Nevs4Nokia

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I have read it from other reviewers so my issue is not a lone wolf. I'll have to return it and try another I guess. It is definitely a bother, since I finally found a phone that I luv otherwise.

Perfect size
Great battery life
Nice UI
Decent Camera
Easily affordable
And an SD card.

If I don't go iPhone I may have to go back to the one plus or Idol 4s (can't do the axon again, signal strength is way too weak).

HONOR PLEASE FIX THIS GREAT PHONE.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading through the reviews of the YouTube app and it appears that multiple users are having play back problems like you described. So, it sounds like it's not a device issue, but an app issue.

I wonder if side loading youtube from another device would make any difference

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar