09-29-2016 08:03 PM
97 123 ...
tools
    Alright, now that I have my phone for a week and the shiny new toy syndrome has faded away let's address current bugs. This is not to bash Honor but hopefully they read these and can begin to address our issues...

Bugs:
    1. This week I have the dishonor of having my video playback halted. ESPN videos were black but the audio played, YouTube videos would not play, but the sound would play when turn off the screen, and video from other sites would not open.

Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. I have read one reviews comments that states he ran into the issue as well.

The fix is a reboot....no bueno.

Fortunately...the only Bug for me.

Dislikes, or really things I would like to see implemented differently:

1. Option for app drawer (I like it surprisingly as it is, but an option would be nice)

2. Camera speed can be a little slow snap and the shutter speed can cause some slight blur.

3. Official accessories are minimal. (aupport us Honor, we will support you. We did buy the phone, show us love)

4. Make more colors available to the US market. Luv to have had the black Option.

5. Better GPU and processor... Dine with it as is, but I'm tired of people pointing at scores when real life performance is what matters.

Really that's it. I honestly fins this phone to be near perfect "for me". Size is good, weight and density are great, camera is pretty good, software to me is right where I would want save for the app drawer option. This things scrolls about as smooth as 6p and better than it when it comes to Chrome.

Posted from my Honor 8, stock UI, Google Keyboard.
    libra89, Guytronic and edwin walke like this.
    09-17-2016 07:25 AM
    In reference to #5, I'm curious how the Honor 8 does on Geekbench 4 since it's supposed to be more accurate.
    09-17-2016 08:15 AM
    In reference to #5, I'm curious how the Honor 8 does on Geekbench 4 since it's supposed to be more accurate.
    Judging by what I've seen comma I would not expect the score to be amazingly better. It still boils down to this phone performing admirably. I have yet to experience any Slowdown outside of what would occur on any phone to include the iPhone.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-17-2016 08:29 AM
    In regard to number 1. This is becoming freaking annoying😠. I love this phone but if they don't find a fix for this soon....I'm bailing.

A YouTube savage....kinda disturbed that I have to keep rebooting. 😠😠😤😤😭😭
    09-17-2016 08:40 AM
    Download Google launcher and select it and you will have the App drawer and more Android look.

Have it on mine and like it.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:01 PM
    Download Google launcher and select it and you will have the App drawer and more Android look.

Have it on mine and like it.
    Would, but I like the stock Launcher... I only want the option to shut up the critics.any believe the software suck, citing the lack of an app drawer as the culprit.
    09-17-2016 02:46 PM
    Judging by what I've seen comma I would not expect the score to be amazingly better. It still boils down to this phone performing admirably. I have yet to experience any Slowdown outside of what would occur on any phone to include the iPhone.
    Currently on an iPhone 7 Plus...it definitely has it's flaws.
    09-17-2016 04:35 PM
    Currently on an iPhone 7 Plus...it definitely has it's flaws.
    Every OS, mobile or otherwise, has its flaws. As does every mobile device. I've used both Android and iOS throughout the years and neither of them are anywhere near perfect.

But perfect is an unrealistic expectation, really. You need to go with whatever device or OS fits you best (which is sometimes not an easy choice).
    libra89 likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:11 PM
    Every OS, mobile or otherwise, has its flaws. As does every mobile device. I've used both Android and iOS throughout the years and neither of them are anywhere near perfect.

But perfect is an unrealistic expectation, really. You need to go with whatever device or OS fits you best (which is sometimes not an easy choice).
    That's so true. Many people think that the iPhone is infallible
    ranphi likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:26 PM
    iPhone is not perfect and it has some major issues for how I like to use my phones, but apps generally work without issue. This video playback is a MAJOR ISSUE.

I'm surprised this has not been expressed by others, except for one reviewer....literally reboot twice to three times a day.
    09-18-2016 12:15 AM
    I'm sorry you have been having that issue. I don't have YouTube Red or Google play music so I can't play videos with the screen off. When I play other music with the screen off, I have no issues.
    09-18-2016 07:49 AM
    iPhone is not perfect and it has some major issues for how I like to use my phones, but apps generally work without issue. This video playback is a MAJOR ISSUE.

I'm surprised this has not been expressed by others, except for one reviewer....literally reboot twice to three times a day.
    I experienced the youtube playback issue last night for the first time. After a reboot, it was fine. I'm sure the majority of the issues we are seeing will be fixed in an update. For now rebooting is a workaround, but rebooting is typically a workaround for a lot of different issues
    09-18-2016 08:23 AM
    It continues to happen over and over, it has to be rebooted now every few hours. Other video playback us affected as well. I'm having problems with imbedded videos on most sites....just dark screens but audio plays. The only thing that is killing this phone for me.
    09-18-2016 09:07 AM
    I experienced the youtube playback issue last night for the first time. After a reboot, it was fine. I'm sure the majority of the issues we are seeing will be fixed in an update. For now rebooting is a workaround, but rebooting is typically a workaround for a lot of different issues
    On many platforms a reboot is definitely a workaround or solution, the only concern is the frequency. Every few days, not concerning, multiple times a day, concerning. I haven't experienced it yet, and don't really watch that much video content on my phone, but it's still one I hope is resolved quickly.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:11 AM
    The problem is not as you have stated. The issue is that the YouTube app and videos imbedded in sites, like ESPN, will not play at all. If I'm lucky the audio will play. Just black screens of nothing. Infuriating for such a great device to have this critical flaw...smarthphones are consumption devices just as much as messaging and productivity devices...a third of my phone is missing.
    09-18-2016 09:11 AM
    The problem is not as you have stated. The issue is that the YouTube app and videos imbedded in sites, like ESPN, will not play at all. If I'm lucky the audio will play. Just black screens of nothing. Infuriating for such a great device to have this critical flaw...smarthphones are consumption devices just as much as messaging and productivity devices...a third of my phone is missing.
    I don't seem to be having the issues with video playback that you are. It's possible that you may have an issue with the phone itself, maybe a defective unit? If you are still within the return/exchange window, you may want to try another unit.
    09-18-2016 09:44 AM
    I don't know. I have read it from other reviewers so my issue is not a lone wolf. I'll have to return it and try another I guess. It is definitely a bother, since I finally found a phone that I luv otherwise.

Perfect size
    Great battery life
    Nice UI
    Decent Camera
    Easily affordable
    And an SD card.

If I don't go iPhone I may have to go back to the one plus or Idol 4s (can't do the axon again, signal strength is way too weak).

HONOR PLEASE FIX THIS GREAT PHONE.
    Guytronic, libra89 and ranphi like this.
    09-18-2016 05:16 PM
    Any other bugs out there?
    09-18-2016 05:17 PM
    Any other bugs out there?
    I was just reading through the reviews of the YouTube app and it appears that multiple users are having play back problems like you described. So, it sounds like it's not a device issue, but an app issue.
    09-18-2016 09:42 PM
    I was just reading through the reviews of the YouTube app and it appears that multiple users are having play back problems like you described. So, it sounds like it's not a device issue, but an app issue.
    I wonder if side loading youtube from another device would make any difference
    09-18-2016 10:48 PM
    No it's not restricted to YouTube. That was my initial thought. But I imbedded videos as well the Dailymotion app are refusing to play as intended.
    09-18-2016 11:20 PM
    I just read a post about this issue on the XDA forum for the Honor 8. The post was created by an employee from Honor, apparently:

"Recorded video and YouTube playback errors

Hi There, we recommend you back up the device and perform a "master reset" to see if that fixes the issue. To perform a master reset, you will go into your menu and click settings, then go to Back Up & Reset. Follow the prompts on the screen to back up and factory reset, then continue by following the steps to restart and activate the device (note: you will need to have your Google email/password present at startup).

If you still can't get playback on your videos to work properly, you should call in to our knowledgeable Honor customer service center at +1-844-524-6667 and they can further diagnose the situation you are having with video recording and playback. Thanks for your question! (NS)"
    09-20-2016 12:05 AM
    I can't seem to get rid of contacts that don't have phone numbers from not showing up in the contacts app without deleting them. I don't want them to disappear from my Google Contacts if I delete them on this phone.
    09-20-2016 01:31 AM
    I just read a post about this issue on the XDA forum for the Honor 8. The post was created by an employee from Honor, apparently:

"Recorded video and YouTube playback errors

Hi There, we recommend you back up the device and perform a "master reset" to see if that fixes the issue. To perform a master reset, you will go into your menu and click settings, then go to Back Up & Reset. Follow the prompts on the screen to back up and factory reset, then continue by following the steps to restart and activate the device (note: you will need to have your Google email/password present at startup).

If you still can't get playback on your videos to work properly, you should call in to our knowledgeable Honor customer service center at +1-844-524-6667 and they can further diagnose the situation you are having with video recording and playback. Thanks for your question! (NS)"
    I tried resets but the problem keep appearing marring a Great device. Maybe I'll reset one more time . Today is the last day, after this I will begrudgingly have to take this back to Best Buy... Back to the ZTE Axon 7 (its getting a big update to fix the radio and the Whack camera, NOW).

I really don't want to go to a Carrier flagship, I would like a movement to be started concerning the non-carrier flagship phones.....MAYBE change will occur with pricing then. It is looking more and more that I may have to head that way,
    09-20-2016 05:52 AM
    I can't seem to get rid of contacts that don't have phone numbers from not showing up in the contacts app without deleting them. I don't want them to disappear from my Google Contacts if I delete them on this phone.
    If I'm reading your message correctly - I think we were having similar problems. I had a number of contacts that were just people I had emailed (craigslist, companies, group emails, etc), these were showing up in my contacts. To fix this try the follwoing .. From contacts>Menu>display preferences>customize>Select Google>uncheck ungrouped. Make sure My Contacts is selected as well as other important groups.

I hope that helps
    libra89 and worldspy99 like this.
    09-20-2016 06:01 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD