I have the Honor 8 - you have questions - ask away!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
honor-8.jpg
Received my Honor 8 yesterday, and was able to unbox and fire it up this morning. Quite excited.

Getting accustomed to the phone, but now that I have it - if you have any questions at all, fire away. It's sitting here on my desk, happy to answer any questions you may have!!

Last edited:

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Received mine yesterday. 32GB, Sapphire Blue and have it set up to match my other Android device(s).
Like it so far. Was a pain to get the contacts snafu sorted out - Xiaomi makes it so much easier - but all is good now.
Spare line SIM is in the device.
I am running EMUI stock, no launcher. I had the Huawei Mate S and Mate 8 earlier this year so am familiar with the idiosyncrasies of EMUI.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you feel about the UI of the phone? Do you love it? Hate it? Indifferent?

Looks like there have been some big improvements to EMUI. I have an Honor 5X as well - EMUI seems a lot more stable and usable on the 8. So far a really great experience.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I don't take a whole lot of photos, but do have some other (similarly priced) Android phones around here that I've used as daily drivers. I'd say the Honor 8 holds up well in all regards.

Controls are simple. Swipe left to uncover all 'modes', and right to view all settings. There are two buttons, one to the left of the shutter and one to the right. One for photo, and one for video. Makes it easy to switch between the modes.

Overall very snappy with solid quality photos. I'll know more once I spend some more time with it!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If the phones homescreen is unlocked so it can be viewed in landscape does the smart key still have full function?

The reason I'm asking is because the 5x seemingly disables some of the buttons function in landscape except for the camera and return to previous screen.
I was curious as to how the honor 8 handles this scenario.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
If the phones homescreen is unlocked so it can be viewed in landscape does the smart key still have full function?

The reason I'm asking is because the 5x seemingly disables some of the buttons function in landscape except for the camera and return to previous screen.
I was curious as to how the honor 8 handles this scenario.

Just tried this, it works. Launched the flashlight and Google Now from it.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So far so good. I don't take a whole lot of photos, but do have some other (similarly priced) Android phones around here that I've used as daily drivers. I'd say the Honor 8 holds up well in all regards.

Controls are simple. Swipe left to uncover all 'modes', and right to view all settings. There are two buttons, one to the left of the shutter and one to the right. One for photo, and one for video. Makes it easy to switch between the modes.

Overall very snappy with solid quality photos. I'll know more once I spend some more time with it!

It would be interesting to see your opinion about how well the camera stacks up against the big boys - Galaxy S7, iPhone 7/7+.
I will be doing a comparo when my iPhone 7+ shows up shortly. I need to still unbox my iPhone 7 - been sitting around doing nothing for a week now :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It would be interesting to see your opinion about how well the camera stacks up against the big boys - Galaxy S7, iPhone 7/7+.
I will be doing a comparo when my iPhone 7+ shows up shortly. I need to still unbox my iPhone 7 - been sitting around doing nothing for a week now :)

I would definitely like to see that,especially against the manual controls of the s7

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Will do once I have one of the others in hand!

In the meantime, make sure you check out Andrew's take on the Honor 8 Camera in his review.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan