I have the Honor 8 - you have questions - ask away!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
@bprashant19

As far as I remember when the pin is set after setting up the FPS unlock the phone can never be reset by anyone without the correct pin.
Unless the thief has your pin (or other unlock method) the phone would be useless to them.

Am I wrong?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
@bprashant19

As far as I remember when the pin is set after setting up the FPS unlock the phone can never be reset by anyone without the correct pin.
Unless the thief has your pin (or other unlock method) the phone would be useless to them.

Am I wrong?

That is correct. It will ask for Google account jnfoe if the phone was factory reset without entering that information. This is called factory reset protection. You can read more about it here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/factory-reset-protection-what-you-need-know?amp

Unfortunately though you wont be able to track the phone if it is turned off or factory reset though. But at least they won't be able to get your data.

bprashant19

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
That is correct. It will ask for Google account jnfoe if the phone was factory reset without entering that information. This is called factory reset protection. You can read more about it here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/factory-reset-protection-what-you-need-know?amp

Unfortunately though you wont be able to track the phone if it is turned off or factory reset though. But at least they won't be able to get your data.

@bprashant19

Am I wrong?

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

That makes sense; I hope they would provide a feature for mobile data protection on lock screen in the future update.

Is there a way to provide a feedback/feature request for future update?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

That makes sense; I hope they would provide a feature for mobile data protection on lock screen in the future update.

Is there a way to provide a feedback/feature request for future update?

You can leave a message for Honor on their website. Click on the"Leave a Message" link at the bottom.

http://www.hihonor.com/us/support/index.html

anlio

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently bought the phone. When I first power up the phone, it asks you to agree with its “Terms and Conditions”. Basically, it refers to its End User License Agreement (eula) and Privacy Policy. As I am reading through them, I notice it asks for something more than I normally see with phones from other brands. For example, by agreeing to the eula, you allow them to collect data (and any data) on your phone including contact information, text/voice message, etc. It doesn’t say this access is only limited to certain Huawei apps, but it is globally applied to any Huawei software (including EMUI) as long as you are using the phone. I used Samsung and LG phones before, in those cases, they only ask for specific type of data access for specific apps and you consent to the access only when you download or first time running their pre-installed apps. You don't need to consent to those if you are just using the phone.

Also, in the Privacy Policy, Section 2, it says that it will collect “information regarding what you access, input, save, send and/or receive” on or through your phone. Does this mean if I use the phone to access my bank account, it will collect my login/password? And does it mean if I use the phone to download a document from my email or Dropbox it can “collect” this document too since I receive the doc through my phone?

Anyone ever read those agreements and your thoughts?

Below are the links to the eula and Privacy Policy:
EULA - Honor Smartphones - For The Brave
Privacy Policy

Lilipolipip

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I bought my phone a month ago, and i would like to know how can i check my screen on time without any third party app.
Here is what i have inside the settings
Screenshot_20170721-164837[1].jpg

Thank you for your help in advance.
Cheers

Lilipolipip

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
This will show you SOT without a third party app

Settings-battery-consumption level- hardware- screen.
Thank you sir
8612156b46ebb3934a0e1a942188a827.jpg

bprashant19

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Let us know how they respond. Hopefully they will be able to add it to a future build!

So I got an email stating that a ticket was created for my query.

I received that email on july 10th. Will reply tonight to follow up and see if they get back.

Also in order to tackle the issue I removed cellular data from the notification area and I keep my data on all the time and use wifi wherever available.

Let me know if theres any other way to customize lock screen notification area.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got this case about two weeks ago for my white Honor 8. Love it!

Edit: Whoops, thought this was the "cases-accessories" thread - haha it's been a long week! 😂

Attachments

• 21428.jpg
    21428.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Anyone using Honor 8 for several months please tell me if you've encountered any bugs/lagging/stuttering. Thank you.

Been using mine since may. Still working really well. No lag or stuttering at all. The current firmware update has made my battery a little less proficient but I'm expecting that to be resolved with the next patch. Overall it has held up well.

HSanjay19

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
Been using mine since may. Still working really well. No lag or stuttering at all. The current firmware update has made my battery a little less proficient but I'm expecting that to be resolved with the next patch. Overall it has held up well.

Thanks! How much screen on time are you getting usually?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using Honor 8 for several months please tell me if you've encountered any bugs/lagging/stuttering. Thank you.
Still working pretty good. Had mine for about a year now. Some slight lag, but not bad... And I get some slight lag on every phone I have owned including my note 8, Pixel xl, iphone 7 plus...maybe it's just how I use it

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I've had mine for almost eleven months; and I've barely had any lag or hiccups. Of course, I get the odd one here and there; but to be honest, it is a rarity. The battery is still running well. Sure, it's not as good as it was when I first got it; but my battery life is still really good for a phone that is almost a year old. Out of all the other smartphones I've had, this one has held up the most. (Bad grammar, sorry.)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for almost eleven months; and I've barely had any lag or hiccups. Of course, I get the odd one here and there; but to be honest, it is a rarity. The battery is still running well. Sure, it's not as good as it was when I first got it; but my battery life is still really good for a phone that is almost a year old. Out of all the other smartphones I've had, this one has held up the most. (Bad grammar, sorry.)
Approximately what percentage decrease in battery life are you seeing?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Approximately what percentage decrease in battery life are you seeing?

Well, to be honest, I am only assuming that, since it has been almost a year, that my battery life shouldn't be as "out of the box" as it had been in December. I'd say it's about a 3-5% difference in total. Very minimal, but I'm assuming it's still a bit of a drop due to wear and tear and all the stuff I have running on the phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, to be honest, I am only assuming that, since it has been almost a year, that my battery life shouldn't be as "out of the box" as it had been in December. I'd say it's about a 3-5% difference in total. Very minimal, but I'm assuming it's still a bit of a drop due to wear and tear and all the stuff I have running on the phone.

Oh, that's not bad at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12