Check this out from Android Central's sister site, iMore:

iPhone 7 Plus vs Honor 8: Battle of the (fake) Bokeh! | iMore

It's pretty cool. Daniel Bader was the one that shot this by the way. Thoughts?
    Guytronic and Jcblack3310 like this.
    09-26-2016 10:14 AM
    I'm really impressed with the iPhone 7 Plus on this feature, honestly didn't know the Honor 8 had it
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2016 10:29 AM
    The shootout was about even. When the iPhone stumbled on a picture, the Honor did well, and vice versa.

Take the first shot of the street sign. While the lighting may be more accurate on the iPhone, the picture on the Honor looks more sharp.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2016 10:34 AM
    This stood out:

You can see how differently the iPhone frames the photo, since you as a shooter need to be much further back than with the Honor 8 to account for the longer lens. Taking a photo from further back feels much more natural, since your phone physically isn't in the face of the person being photographed — I didn't realize how much of a difference this made until I started taking portraits with the 7 Plus.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2016 10:34 AM
    I don't have an honor 8,but on my iPhone 7 Plus, the issue I have is no ois on the telephoto lens.if you have a fixed object,or an object that can sit still then it is fine.but 2x optical combined with no ois on a young fidgety child will cause the child to blur quite often especially in indoor situations with less than ideal lighting. Also,even at the right distance,you need to get a good focus or the iPhone will just take a regular picture with the telephoto lens.again,can be tricky with a fidgety young child

I also noticed that images tended to be a little grainy on the iPhone 7 Plus indoors, no doubt due to f2.8. I am OK with the grain, and am personally more concerned with the blur of the object as discussed above
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2016 10:50 AM
    I don't have an honor 8,but on my iPhone 7 Plus, the issue I have is no ois on the telephoto lens.if you have a fixed object,or an object that can sit still then it is fine.but 2x optical combined with no ois on a young fidgety child will cause the child to blur quite often especially in indoor situations with less than ideal lighting. Also,even at the right distance,you need to get a good focus or the iPhone will just take a regular picture with the telephoto lens.again,can be tricky with a fidgety young child

I also noticed that images tended to be a little grainy on the iPhone 7 Plus indoors, no doubt due to f2.8. I am OK with the grain, and am personally more concerned with the blur of the object as discussed above
    I will do a comparo when my iPhone 7+ shows up. If I can pry the i7 from my wife for a few hours, I will try and do a comparo with it as well.
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    09-26-2016 05:56 PM