Glass replacement only covers damage for Honor 8

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
In case you were curious to know how it goes for the 3 month glass replacement on the front and back of the phone, it only covers actual damage.

I asked a rep about this and here's how it went. The bolded parts are really the important parts.

Michelle M: Hi there! Thank you for reaching Honor Device USA. How may I be of help today?
Me: Hello, I have a question. I registered my Honor 8 on your website so that I could get the three months free glass replacement. My question is, what counts as covered repairs? I have been looking around the Honor site and I can't find anything.
Michelle M: Hello. I can help you with your questions regarding the warranty on your Honor 8.
Me: Great, thank you
Michelle M: If your screen is damaged or the frame around the screen, that would be covered under repair/replacement. Has anything happened to your device?
Me: The back glass has scratches, I'm not sure how they came about though. Aside from that, nothing else has happened
Michelle M: Okay, thank you for that information. When did you register the device?
Me: I registered on September 7
Michelle M: Okay, great. Although scratches aren't covered (unless it was received that way), the back glass is covered if damaged as well.
Me: Ohh okay, I see. Thank you for that information.
Michelle M: You are very welcome, was there anything else I could answer for you today?
Me: That was all, thank you
Michelle M: You're very welcome. Have a wonderful rest of your week. Thank you for contacting Honor Device USA.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Which makes sense. They don't want to be replacing so much glass just for scratches.

In that way, it does make a lot of sense. I kind of wish I knew that it would be this way beforehand. I probably wouldn't have taken it outside of my home just yet, at least before getting a case. I don't know if I would have actually done that, but it might have been something to be aware of.

HonorUSA_Eric

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
That is correct. Unfortunately, our Limited Warranty (limited-warranty) doesn't cover physical damage. The warranty protects the 8 from material defects, including improper or inferior workmanship, materials, and design, during the designated warranty period (12 months from the date of purchase). (ED)

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
This is one of multiple reasons that I actually don't prefer glass for the backside of a phone. While it may look snazzy, it's very prone to scratching and cracking, not to mention how incredibly slippery it tends to be. Don't get me wrong, I fully admit that I love the looks of my Honor 8 (though that's primarily because of the Sapphire Blue color they used). But all that glass covering it? Just a bad accident waiting to happen, IMHO. :p

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I can't wait for someone to make a good skin for it so that it won't be so slick.

As for the replacement, they would be silly to offer it because we scratched the phone.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for someone to make a good skin for it so that it won't be so slick.

As for the replacement, they would be silly to offer it because we scratched the phone.

Skinomi has one but there are no reviews and I haven't seen any comments from someone that's purchased this, so I have no idea how good/bad it might be...

https://amazon.com/Protector-Skinomi-MatteSkin-Anti-Glare-Bubble-Free/dp/B01LYSTH2D/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1473893070&sr=8-5&keywords=skinomi+honor+8+skin

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
This is one of multiple reasons that I actually don't prefer glass for the backside of a phone. While it may look snazzy, it's very prone to scratching and cracking, not to mention how incredibly slippery it tends to be. Don't get me wrong, I fully admit that I love the looks of my Honor 8 (though that's primarily because of the Sapphire Blue color they used). But all that glass covering it? Just a bad accident waiting to happen, IMHO. :p

Pretty much everything you said is how I feel. I don't regret asking though.

As for Skinomi, they are great with their protectors in my experience with other phones, but I have never tried the back thing though.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much everything you said is how I feel. I don't regret asking though.

As for Skinomi, they are great with their protectors in my experience with other phones, but I have never tried the back thing though.

Yup, it's cool that you asked them and were kind enough to share it with us, libra89. Thank you for doing so! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood