So I've been researching a lot about Nougat and one the expected lines to receive it soon is Huawei. Anyone know if that means the Honor 8 too? I've not specifically seen the Honor 8 mentioned but have only seen Huawei. I hope they will allow this upgrade to the Honor 8 as well but since I've switched to Android for the first time this year, it seems that all the brands seem to get their update if they get them a really no determined set time. Just checking to see if we will receive Nougat too?

Thanks

DC
    10-10-2016 07:46 AM
    Here's a link to their policy: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=pLYYdbiw

Honor is committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers.

• From this year 2016, we are making a commitment to provide customers with access to new features (at least once every three months during the first 12 months) for at least 24 months following each product launch.
    • We will keep providing access to security and software updates to fix bugs and enhance user experience in a timely manner.
    • Beyond this period we will continue to provide updates in response to any threats to user safety and security.
    • Our goal is to ensure customers have the best and safest possible experience on their Honor device.

Devices covered by this policy include honor 5X and honor 8.
    Yes The honor 8 will get nougat
    libra89 likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:49 AM
    It will, but I doubt that will happen this year.

Random note, what did you switch from @Dconn1975 ? Since you mentioned it, I'm very curious.
    10-10-2016 08:46 AM
    Probably with EMUI 5.0.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    10-10-2016 08:52 AM
    Yes Honor announced it.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:52 AM
    It will, but I doubt that will happen this year.

Random note, what did you switch from @Dconn1975 ? Since you mentioned it, I'm very curious.
    Well up until this year I used nothing but apple products. I just wanted to check out Android and have been through quite a lot of phones testing them out. Had both the Samsung s7s. I cannot stand Samsung software interface. Sticky and choppy at the best. Interface is huge to me as apple is rather seamless. I discovered Motorola and they are at the top of my android list actually. I had the Moto Z Force but I like having at least one large screen device. I got the Nexus 6p but only for a night as I knew the 32g wasnt enough. Exchanged it for my Honor 8. End of the month I'm actually going to order another Nexus 6p but in a 64g. Another Android phone I like is Sony. Phones are underrated but it's due to inflated values they keep doing. Economics 101 they deeply fall short in. I've got the Sony Xperia X but I was able to get it for 199 so I saved quite a bit. Now that leaves me with a 5 inch and 5.2 inch. So now my next will be a 5.7 in some type of device. Anyone of you Android purest have any advice on a larger screen Android I should check out instead of the Nexus 6p? As for apple. I may get the iPhone 8 if it's as innovated as rumored to be. I love innovation and unique things. Its why I like the honor 8. I do miss my Moto Z Force. It was a great phone. I will say when it comes to tablets, apple is the winner. I had the tab s2 9.7 and it didn't come near the iPad pro 9.7. My next phone I want to be pretty large as I will use it alot for work and to watch movies on. Note 7 is out and not bc of the battery but the terrible software. It lags and it's sticky. I've also researched the ZTE axon?? Its like 488 I believe. Heard it was a good phone. The very brief time I spent with the Nexus 6p was awesomeness. However if there's a better phone please let me know. I'd like to get something by months end.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:46 PM
    I'm quite enjoying the H8 but I did order a Google Pixel. I like one handed high end phones so my choice is pretty limited. I have actually thought about keeping the H8 and canceling my pixel order but the fact that the update may be next year, I'll probably bail. It's a shame cause for the price, this phone hangs with the big boys easy and the IR blaster is going to be hard to let go of. It's just my personal choice but latest updates are important to me and the pixel will basically be the Android version of the iPhone
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:26 PM
    Honor is committed to delivering Android updates in a timely manner. Honor 8 will be upgraded to Android N but timing has not been determined. We are excited about the potential of the pending Android 7.0 update, and look forward to sharing more information once Google clarifies timing for general availability. (NS)
    Ry and libra89 like this.
    10-11-2016 01:44 PM
    Honor is committed to delivering Android updates in a timely manner. Honor 8 will be upgraded to Android N but timing has not been determined. We are excited about the potential of the pending Android 7.0 update, and look forward to sharing more information once Google clarifies timing for general availability. (NS)
    Thanks Noah!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:46 PM
    I'm quite enjoying the H8 but I did order a Google Pixel. I like one handed high end phones so my choice is pretty limited. I have actually thought about keeping the H8 and canceling my pixel order but the fact that the update may be next year, I'll probably bail. It's a shame cause for the price, this phone hangs with the big boys easy and the IR blaster is going to be hard to let go of. It's just my personal choice but latest updates are important to me and the pixel will basically be the Android version of the iPhone
    You have to do what works best for you. I love the size of the Pixel. You should let us know how the two compare with one handed usage since I'm all about that myself.
    10-11-2016 01:47 PM
    Here's a link to their policy: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=pLYYdbiw

Honor is committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers.

• From this year 2016, we are making a commitment to provide customers with access to new features (at least once every three months during the first 12 months) for at least 24 months following each product launch.
    • We will keep providing access to security and software updates to fix bugs and enhance user experience in a timely manner.
    • Beyond this period we will continue to provide updates in response to any threats to user safety and security.
    • Our goal is to ensure customers have the best and safest possible experience on their Honor device.

Devices covered by this policy include honor 5X and honor 8.
    10-11-2016 01:52 PM
    You have to do what works best for you. I love the size of the Pixel. You should let us know how the two compare with one handed usage since I'm all about that myself.
    I'll definitely give my thoughts when it arrives!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:39 PM