Going naked?

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I often use phones without cases. I might wear one the first couple of weeks, but once I get past the honeymoon phase, I enjoy a phone without a case.

But I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable going caseless with the Honor 8. I'm curious--has anyone been brave enough to use this phone sans case?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have read of some doing it here. Assuming that you don't drop it, people are reporting that the back glass scratches pretty easily

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Nope. This phone is a bit too slippery for my liking to consider this. However, if you register your phone early with Honor, you get free 3 months glass replacement (for just cracked glass).

And yeah the back scratches easily, and it doesn't help that the phone is so flat for that situation.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'll use mine naked occasionally. A few scuffs on the back have happened, but nothing major. Just don't set it on an incline!

Master of Surgery

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'll use mine naked occasionally. A few scuffs on the back have happened, but nothing major. Just don't set it on an incline!

Couldn't agree more about setting it on an incline. It's insanely slippery. I've dared to have it naked .... It looks and feels amazing but I always end up slipping her back into a case.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
It is a bit of a shame to hide this phone under a cover :(

Just too risky...at least for me it is.
I try to remove and clean under the cover often to lessen chances of grit leaving divots in the back.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I originally went with a TPU case but I wanted hard metal and glass, so I figured YOLO and I am rocking the phone naked. It doesn't feel so slippery after 2 days of getting used to it and the phone feels more premium now.

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I originally went with a TPU case but I wanted hard metal and glass, so I figured YOLO and I am rocking the phone naked. It doesn't feel so slippery after 2 days of getting used to it and the phone feels more premium now.

Ha. Awesome. I may go with the YOLO mentality. I had never broken a phone until my last one when I dropped my Moto X Pure from a couple of feet and cracked the screen, making it unusable.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ha. Awesome. I may go with the YOLO mentality. I had never broken a phone until my last one when I dropped my Moto X Pure from a couple of feet and cracked the screen, making it unusable.

At least for the first three months, honor will cover any cracked screen so you are good for that. It doesn't cover scratches though

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been going no case on the Honor 8 since I got it. No issues here at all. Keep in mind, I'm generally very careful with my phones. When on the move always have it safely in a pocket, and while working or at home have it sitting nearby in a safe place.

I prefer going without a case as well, perhaps that's why I'm so careful :) Currently on my desk: 3 phones. No cases. :)

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
OMG I also dropped my moto x pure, it was the first phone I ever dropped. The screen looked just fine but the bottom half simply stopped reading touch inputs. I think the build quality on the pure was shoddy.

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
OMG I also dropped my moto x pure, it was the first phone I ever dropped. The screen looked just fine but the bottom half simply stopped reading touch inputs. I think the build quality on the pure was shoddy.

Exactly the same thing with me! One long hairline crack--didn't look terrible--but the digitizer was ruined.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc