How to give Google Photos SD card permission? Make SD card default photo location?

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Honor 8 as a B-day present for my daughter next week, and am setting it up for her so she can just open it up and start using it. I've installed Nova Launcher and most of the apps she uses. Here are my questions:

I made Google Photos the default photo gallery app as that is where all of her photos and videos are stored from her previous Moto G. However, when I try to delete a new photo I took with the phone, I get the following message:

Screenshot_2016-10-23-08-58-57.jpg

I assume this means photos taken with the camera are being stored on the SD card I put into the phone? I guess that is good because it is what I wanted to happen but had no idea how to make happen in the settings. Second question is if there is any way to allow the Google Photo app to have permission to access the SD card so she doesn't have to go through this every time she wants to delete a photo? I have gone into the app settings for Google Photos and given it permission to every setting allowed, including "storage", but it still gives me this message. It is not a huge deal, because you just have to touch the "launch gallery" to launch the Honor 8 gallery app and you can quickly delete the photo, but it is an extra step that needs to be taken that will get old over time.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I think you can select default location SD under memory and storage in settings. Also make sure SD is selected as priority in the camera settings. Open the camera app and pull out the right side panel and makes sure it is selected.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I think you can select default location SD under memory and storage in settings. Also make sure SD is selected as priority in the camera settings. Open the camera app and pull out the right side panel and makes sure it is selected.

Thanks, I did not even see the settings in the camera app (swiping right to left) and saw that option was checked, so yep the pics are being saved to the SD card. Now if anyone can determine if there is a way to let google photos have access to delete pics from the SD card my last annoyance will be gone.

I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast this phone is. Boots up very quickly and I've noticed no lag (unlike my Note 7 I had for 2 weeks before returning it). This thing is actually quicker than my 6p on beta nougat 7.1. I'm half tempted to get one for myself!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe entering permissions for Google Photos thru settings to allow it access to the SD might work.

Good luck there and this should make for a great birthday for your daughter.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I did not even see the settings in the camera app (swiping right to left) and saw that option was checked, so yep the pics are being saved to the SD card. Now if anyone can determine if there is a way to let google photos have access to delete pics from the SD card my last annoyance will be gone.

I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast this phone is. Boots up very quickly and I've noticed no lag (unlike my Note 7 I had for 2 weeks before returning it). This thing is actually quicker than my 6p on beta nougat 7.1. I'm half tempted to get one for myself!

I have no problem deleting photos in Google photos app. Just select what I want to delete and tap the trash can.

Raybo128

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
On my Samsung Note 8 running Nougat, I went into System settings -> Apps, then tapped the Photos app. Scrolling down to Advanced, I enabled "Apps that can change system settings". I then killed and restarted the photos application. Upon attempting to move a photo to trash i was prompted to allow this twice and after that it seems to be working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance