Best Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Honor 8?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Curious if anyone has recommendations on a solid tempered glass screen protector for the Honor 8? The screen is durable as heck, but wouldn't mind adding an extra layer of defense :)

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought a cheap set from Amazon, just made a point of searching for the thinnest I could find due to the 2.5d glass preventing them reaching the edge of the screen.
0.3mm ones seem to cause really noticeable halo effects.

ChumsFuture

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I tried the Nillkin and a no name eBay one and they're all awful. Edges lift, allow dust and also crack.

Last edited:

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Does this phone "need" a screen protector? I've never used one on any phone that I've owned and, knock on wood, never had an issue. Is this one of those things that you're the kind of person that always uses one vs the kinds, like me, that doesn't use one?

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Does this phone "need" a screen protector? I've never used one on any phone that I've owned and, knock on wood, never had an issue. Is this one of those things that you're the kind of person that always uses one vs the kinds, like me, that doesn't use one?

Pretty sure it is. I've never used a screen protector, and honestly I have trouble wanting to keep a case on a phone. I'll put one on for a couple days, then get annoyed at it, take it off for a while.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The glass isn't more scratch prone than other flagships, from my usage. I have been using mine a month without screen protector and have no scratches. Of course things like sand will scratch the glass just like any other smartphone

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking at that liquid nano screen protector stuff.
Still not sure if it's a gimmick or not.

I read that the mirrors on telescopes use a similar coating to help with optical properties.
Tempered glass is a preference for most folks I realize.

Curved screens presently make tempered glass less of a good option for me however.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought a pair of tempered glass screen protectors off of Amazon - it was a mid-tier quality company I think, but it still has a lot of the features that one would look for in a screen protector. I didn't want to spend a ton of money, and I'm usually quite careful with my devices. But it was a good deal! Less than $15 and I got two.

Android Central has an article about the best screen protectors for the Honor 8. As long as you go tempered glass, I think you're leagues above plastic in terms of protection.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I almost never use screen protectors I don't have any scratches yet either

I envy you your skill! I'd love to not use a screen protector on my phone, but I know I'd inadvertently do something to it and would then regret that decision! What colour Honor 8 do you have?

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Sort of a thread hijack, but I switched to using a matte film screen protector, because the tempered glass ones were shattering too quickly on me (I drop my phone often and hard, unfortunately)

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Trying to get one and seems like an impossible task! Amazon has few but the reviews are bad!

Anybody got a screen protector lately?