MMS images are very grainy using Google messenger

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Love my Honor 8 but having an annoying issue I cannot resolve. When I text photos taken with my camera using the Google messenger app, they are very grainy. I understand the photos get compressed when texting, but my previous device (S7 edge) sent photos that looked nearly identical to the original using the same app and the original photos were basically the same size. Checked all kinds of settings and can't figure it out. Anyone have a fix?

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I never noticed but there is a stronger reduction in quality then I recall in past phones. I am not familiar with how mms messages are compressed, maybe each phone does it in a different manner independent of app?

JasonBourne

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Love my Honor 8 but having an annoying issue I cannot resolve. When I text photos taken with my camera using the Google messenger app, they are very grainy. I understand the photos get compressed when texting, but my previous device (S7 edge) sent photos that looked nearly identical to the original using the same app and the original photos were basically the same size. Checked all kinds of settings and can't figure it out. Anyone have a fix?
I usually take pictures using the camera app then send them using google messenger. I don't care for the camera app built into messenger.

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I downloaded Google messenger but I'm pretty sure that the problem is consistent with all messaging programs. I will test the stock messaging app to confirm it does the same thing and update the post. Nobody has a fix?

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm an adult, so I don't do social media. I just share things with people I care about personally. Messenger is really the superior option.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I downloaded Google messenger but I'm pretty sure that the problem is consistent with all messaging programs. I will test the stock messaging app to confirm it does the same thing and update the post. Nobody has a fix?

The fix is not to rely on MMS to keep quality high.

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
OK, better way to phrase this... Why did my S7 edge send excellent quality photos over MMS (Google messenger) and my Honor 8 does not? Both take very similar, excellent photos and both are on the same plan w T Mobile

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm an adult, so I don't do social media. I just share things with people I care about personally. Messenger is really the superior option.
Congratulations, I'm also an adult. Back to your question. If you don't use social media, emailing images is a better option over mms as most email services don't compress them.
Is it possible that mms services have been updated between your use of each phone?

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
OK, better way to phrase this... Why did my S7 edge send excellent quality photos over MMS (Google messenger) and my Honor 8 does not? Both take very similar, excellent photos and both are on the same plan w T Mobile

I tested your observation had not sent a picture through it does come out grainy interesting switched back to stock messenger took almost the same picture it wasn't grainy super strange.

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Could be because T-Mobile supports advanced messaging (allowing higher limits for MMS) for the s7 edge, but not for phones that weren't purchased through them like the honor 8.

JasonBourne

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
The POTUS has an official Twitter account. Every government agency has a Twitter account. Corporations have official Twitter, FB and Instagram accounts. Major news outlets use all 3 as well. Your statement makes zero sense. If you prefer not to use these platforms for personal reasons just say that. No need to make up a lame excuse.

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The POTUS has an official Twitter account. Every government agency has a Twitter account. Corporations have official Twitter, FB and Instagram accounts. Major news outlets use all 3 as well. Your statement makes zero sense. If you prefer not to use these platforms for personal reasons just say that. No need to make up a lame excuse.

You really took that deep.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta