Nougat emui 5 bugs

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
So I did a full factory reset and the battery is still be an issue. Putting it in power save mode made a big difference but this limits background refreshes.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Battery hasn't been an issue for me, and I haven't done a factory reset. Yesterday I was off the charger from 5:20 am (courtesy of my little boy lol) to midnight, and I was still above 25% when I connected to my charger. Didn't take screenshots, but screen on was over 4 1/2 hours, was playing boom beach at times, using chrome to look up titanfall 2 helmet locations, and some music streaming.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Just started to get the typical Huawei/honor notification issue, mostly with WhatsApp. I have checked and the app is white listed in the battery manager and notifications allowed in the settings. But occasionally I'll get no notifications and then the last 1-2 hours all at once.

Also the 'power intensive app' notification seems to be more aggressive, and I can't find a way to ignore it. Between these and the poor battery i am tempted to roleback to the official build. Which is a shame, because the ui is much better

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Go to battery settings then click the gear icon in the top right and you get this screen. Turn the prompt off.
a681f22dbe9f437a6436a40c4f3b40d9.jpg

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
As you can see, I've set the phone to close power intensive background apps itself. It seems to work perfectly as I've not had any issues with any apps that get closed.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As you can see, I've set the phone to close power intensive background apps itself. It seems to work perfectly as I've not had any issues with any apps that get closed.

Yeah it's nice that you get the option. The iPhone doesn't give you that option.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with idle drain at the beginning but now it is fine. Battery life is similar to before now. I don't have cell service anymore though it was always on WiFi.

52681fa4de7ef098ad626d086be09159.jpg

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Even after you turn off airplane mode?

Yup. I was working yesterday somewhere with absolutely zero signal so I put it on airplane mode for the day. When I switched it off it was back to how good the battery was on the old software. Fingers crossed it does the same today!

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm still getting ridiculous power consumption by the Android OS, it seems to have got worse for me. I normally got 1.5 to 2 days battery. I'm lucky now to get 1 day. I'm thinking about rolling back to Marshmellow. The OS is great, everything seems to work just great, but I can't figure out the battery drain.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I was working yesterday somewhere with absolutely zero signal so I put it on airplane mode for the day. When I switched it off it was back to how good the battery was on the old software. Fingers crossed it does the same today!

That's weird. But something happened to my phone too... It was draining a lot on idle but after a few days it went back to normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21