Nougat emui 5 bugs

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, EMUI 5 has been pretty problem free for me. I do notice a little less Bluetooth stability, but that is usually resolved by toggling it off/on, or a reboot.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to soon! It soon went back to excessive drain! Looking at the battery chart, it shows wifi being on constant, even when in turn it off. That probably doesn't help!

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm still getting ridiculous power consumption by the Android OS, it seems to have got worse for me. I normally got 1.5 to 2 days battery. I'm lucky now to get 1 day. I'm thinking about rolling back to Marshmellow. The OS is great, everything seems to work just great, but I can't figure out the battery drain.
Most likely because emui 5 whitelists everything whereas emui 4.1 you have to allow apps permissions yourself.

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
We I've figure the problem out, it's down to syncing of the accounts. I've had to leave them active. It appears when I stop auto syncing of my Google and WhatsApp accounts the OS goes nuts and just gets in a loop. I've got everything active no close on exit and battery is back to normal. I'll see how I get on for the next few days and update again on how I'm getting on

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm back to square one. After 24 hours of all going well. Android OS use rocketed up again. I'm really at a loss now. It has to be an app I'm running but not sure which one it is.

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm about to do it, seems its been logged several times already based on users from the XDA forums.

I'd rather be able to give as much feedback based on the hows and why's, but I can't work it out! You only know its happening when the battery falls super fast.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
My OS battery percentage was high today (30%), but that was because I didn't use the phone much so the OS is using more in comparison to other things. When I am using it a lot with high SoT the OS percentage is closer to 10-15%

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My OS battery percentage was high today (30%), but that was because I didn't use the phone much so the OS is using more in comparison to other things. When I am using it a lot with high SoT the OS percentage is closer to 10-15%

Honestly i never look at it unless I start to see a high idle drain.

zman_11

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Started noticing that while the phone is plugged in to charge, the screen never totally turns off. It just dims, but I can still see the screen and bring it back to full brightness just by touching it. If I push the power button it cuts off as usual. I am running Nova Launcher on the latest version of the Beta that I downloaded yesterday.

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I've been doing some more testing and the Android OS drain is still present. Somthing is keeping the system awake for long periods of time. I can confirm though that the problem is NOT with the beta build. I've set my system up on a Pixel XL and I'm getting the same issue. Its clearly a App running in the back ground. Going to spend the next few days and try and find out what app/apps are causing my issues.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The only real comparison would be running the same device on nougat and marshmallow with no extra apps installed and see which runs the battery down fastest. You'll probably find that the nougat stops other apps more than marshmallow and therefore the OS uses a higher percentage of power because other apps are using less.
Edit: check the mah being used and not the percentage.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
OS
d5f49b65fa8373ee6b1a7a83106541b8.jpg

Pokémon GO
5c268fc18fe93cb658e5593e78c7549f.jpg

Percentages including hardware drain.
83add684b4cdbb169732dd210c4ecbf0.jpg

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Just been reading a few Dev threads, and they suggest that the biggest problem lies with Google backup. Which can be turned off in settings.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Battery has massively improved. But my new issue is that now and then, the screen goes crazy and all these random "touches" happen, turning settings on/off and playing Havoc with whatever is on the screen on the time. A reset seems to solve it for a while, but sooner or later it comes back!

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Battery has massively improved. But my new issue is that now and then, the screen goes crazy and all these random "touches" happen, turning settings on/off and playing Havoc with whatever is on the screen on the time. A reset seems to solve it for a while, but sooner or later it comes back!
That sounds like a hardware issue. Like there's water or dust getting behind the glass.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy