Just found the perfect tempered glass, no halo at all

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all who are interested. I just lucked up and happen to order the perfect tempered glass for my new Honor 8. It has zero halo on it at all. I'll post a pick of the phone and package or link from Amazon shortly.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Here are the pics. This is a great one. The honor 8 in Blue I had before I could never find one totally without a halo. This one is perfect. 1479772927408.jpg1479772939786.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I see a halo.
Absolutely no halo on this one. Here's three more pics. This glass is thinner than the others I used on my blue Honor 8. There's no halo. I actually just ordered another one to put up when this one needs replacing. You won't find one better than this if you are looking for a glass protector the doesn't show a halo I'm quite sure of. 1479778759044.jpg1479778772826.jpg1479778785516.jpg

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
OK, maybe I'm thinking a halo is something different than everyone else. Can anyone post a picture of a halo on another protector?

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely no halo on this one. Here's three more pics. This glass is thinner than the others I used on my blue Honor 8. There's no halo. I actually just ordered another one to put up when this one needs replacing. You won't find one better than this if you are looking for a glass protector the doesn't show a halo I'm quite sure of. View attachment 246520View attachment 246521View attachment 246522

Question how was the install easy or hard. To be honest I am usually quite terrible installing screen protectors but this seems to be quite a clean install

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Question how was the install easy or hard. To be honest I am usually quite terrible installing screen protectors but this seems to be quite a clean install
Very easy and clean. A tip or trick is first aligne the top hole cut outs at the top but don't press it down year. Gently lay the screen to rest on the surface of the device. From there with the tips of your fingernails slightly move to the perfect alignment. Just be sure you don't press at all bc once it starts to adhere then you won't be able to push anymore to get the perfect position. Once you are happy with your alignment, take a cloth starting from the bottom and start a normal wipe across back and forth as you move up the screen. If you have zero particles under the glass, it will adhere without any air pockets that particles cause. Even the smallest particle will cause an air bubble. I normally wipe my screen down with a solution and then dry it by whipping. Once you have the screen totally 100 percent free of Lent or particles, then at that point peel off your bottom layer of the glass protector. Have the phone turned sideways as this helps with the initial perfect hole alignment at the top. If you end up with naturally a bubble or air pocket either push it to the sides or tops or gently re-lift the protector until you get to the air pocket then release and proceed to wipe across and upward from there again. This may sound like a lot but once you start it takes less than a minute to install. The MAIN objective is to use good lighting bc I'm telling ya even the slightest lent or particle under the screen will show and myself personally, there is nothing worse than seeing something under the protector. That's why you peel the layer off last right before the install bc you run about a 95 percent rate of nothing jumping on the glass back layer to drive you insane. I install all of my own bc if you allow someone else to do it they will not care as much as you do. Attention to detail is a must die to alignment. Too much to one side can cause a halo also. It's really easy but I wanted to write this in detail to ensure you install perfect on your first attempt. Have some scocth tap near buy in case you do have a particle that gets trapped under as you can halfway lift it back up and slide the tape to the particle and snag it then lay it back down to finish up. Hope this helps man.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
OK, maybe I'm thinking a halo is something different than everyone else. Can anyone post a picture of a halo on another protector?

It's where the edges are delaminating.

0f0ba3bc4dc08179078b37e23216a496.jpg

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm also using a nilkin. Mine has a halo, though it's only the "Amazing H" version. Apparently the "H+ Pro" edition is a good bit different. Wish there had been some more info about this when I ordered.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
@Dconn - you have the product link, or did I miss it?

Go to Amazon
SEARCH: Cell Phones and Accessories for Nillkin
Once your there 'filter' for Screen Protector
Once there 'filter' for your phone model
But don't bother if you have the S7 edge. They don't offer THAT screen protector for it.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Daily Driver
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Hobby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae