Would ssitching from a 6p to the honor be a good idea?
    11-26-2016 09:24 PM
    Good question as I personally am using both of these devices right now. I keep two phones and two numbers. So I have both models that I use daily. Software interface is smooth as butter on both but very different experiences of software. I think they are both very good devices so really you are going to have to decide do you want a 5.2 inch one hander phone or a 5.7 inch two handed phone. That's a big difference. I rate both to be on par with each other performance wise. The 6p has a better resolution and to be totally honest probably would win out by a hair over the Honor 8. I mean if it did it would be very close. Both have flagship specs. I can tell you I use my honor 8 more than my 6p. It's easier to handle and I personally like the EMUI experience. I'm wanting to try the 5.0 out but I've not figured out how to get the beta version. Both devices have strong specs so performance you won't realize any difference real world. To me it would come down to screen size being which you prefer. I like having one large and one small and you see which two devices I chose for that. Good luck and let me know if I can help you as I have both at my disposal to tell you about.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-26-2016 09:43 PM
    Size and is probably the biggest difference.emui 4 Is pretty different but emui 5/Android 7 is much closer to stock.

Also consider that the updates will be a bit slower
    11-27-2016 12:26 AM
    I may add that battery life is much better on the Honor 8, I also find it a bit snappier, however software experience is a bit better on the Nexus.
    11-27-2016 04:27 AM
    I´ve got both phones too and despite the 6P is a great phone I couldn´t get used to the screen size, 5.7 inches is not pocket friendly haha.
    11-27-2016 04:29 AM
    I´ve got both phones too and despite the 6P is a great phone I couldn´t get used to the screen size, 5.7 inches is not pocket friendly haha.
    I think that 5.7" is a perfect size and for me, it fits in my pocket
    11-27-2016 08:06 PM
    I think that 5.7" is a perfect size and for me, it fits in my pocket
    As I said both are great phones, size is a matter of personal preference
    libra89 likes this.
    11-28-2016 11:08 AM
    As I said both are great phones, size is a matter of personal preference
    Sure my main point is pocketable or not though. I haven't seen any pants where the honor 8 is pocketable but the 6 p isn't. Not saying they don't exist of course, but both fit in all my pants pockets. And none will fit in my wife's pants pockets.
    11-28-2016 01:05 PM
    Sure my main point is pocketable or not though. And none will fit in my wife's pants pockets.
    Shots fired. My Honor 8 sticks out of every pocket of mine, work pockets aside. Having this phone with lady pockets (with the kind of jeans I wear) are a struggle. :/ I can't even imagine putting a 6p in my pocket, probably wouldn't even fit the work pockets. lol
    11-28-2016 01:20 PM
    Shots fired. My Honor 8 sticks out of every pocket of mine, work pockets aside. Having this phone with lady pockets (with the kind of jeans I wear) are a struggle. :/ I can't even imagine putting a 6p in my pocket, probably wouldn't even fit the work pockets. lol
    I guess it depends on how you define pocketable. To me, it has to fit inside the pocket completely and easily. my wife had the iPhone 6 before and that never fully fit into any of her pants pockets. The Honor 8 is larger than the iPhone 6 so it would be even worse.

Many people will have phones sticking significantly out of the pocket... I don't personally consider that to be pocket friendly.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-28-2016 02:21 PM
    I guess it depends on how you define pocketable. To me, it has to fit inside the pocket completely and easily. my wife had the iPhone 6 before and that never fully fit into any of her pants pockets. The Honor 8 is larger than the iPhone 6 so it would be even worse.

Many people will have phones sticking significantly out of the pocket... I don't personally consider that to be pocket friendly.
    I see it the same way as you.
    11-28-2016 02:46 PM
    I think that what we can say is that while neither are pocket friendly, that the Honor 8 is more pocketable of the two.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-28-2016 03:00 PM
    Like I said I have both. Which phone do I have currently while I'm out that i can throw in my front or back pocket while standing or somewhere is the honor 8. Both will fit but I promise from experience of putting my 6p in my pocket it's rather bulky and wide.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-28-2016 04:43 PM
    I bought a 6P and kept it for about 2 months before selling it. I got a Honor 8 now and I am Happy.
    The 6P is a Great phone but in the end it was a little too wide for me when I put it in a slim case.

So far, I have been impressed with Huawei's products. I hope they continue to support them with timely updates.

-Rich
    libra89 likes this.
    11-29-2016 09:11 AM