Just ordered.

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I've been wanting to try a Huawei phone for a while, really like what I've seen from them, so I order the Honor 8 on a black Friday sale. Any tips and tricks yall can give me?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Go to battery manager and whitelist the apps you want notifications from. I suggest setting up your fingerprint because you get all of these cool functions.

I hope you'll like your Honor 8! What color is yours?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you we want a more typical Android feel then you can install a third party launcher like Nova

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nice! I got one too and it is the best color, IMO
You guys are making me miss my blue model now lol. That's the color I originally had but ended up exchanging it for the Nexus 6p and then had to wait to reorder my Honor bc I knew I was getting it again. The blue was not available so I got the Black. Both look good but I can tell you that blue is like nothing you've ever seen in person.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the black more. I'm not sure why but maybe it's because I will always have a case anyway and more colors will go with black than blue. The back is mesmerizing either way but to fragile to use naked.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I actually like the black more. I'm not sure why but maybe it's because I will always have a case anyway and more colors will go with black than blue. The back is mesmerizing either way but to fragile to use naked.
I put a black carbon fiber skin on my Honor from skinomi. Half the time I don't use a case bc I like no bulk. I just recently picked up this case and its a cool shade of red contrasting with the black. 1480808343612.jpg1480808361038.jpg

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
This is true. I have the white and I thought about the blue but just like black, so much goes with it! Love the white.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This is true. I have the white and I thought about the blue but just like black, so much goes with it! Love the white.
Do you mind posting a pic of your white? Do you have the Pearl White. I considered the Pearl color. Actually this shade of red in my case I posted would look flat out awesome with your honor. Something about the color shade of this particular red on this case is eye catching just like the honor is. Plus the case only costs $7.95 and comes in 4 colors. White being one. I have the white one in my amazon cart now and I'm getting it on my next order on Amazon.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you mind posting a pic of your white? Do you have the Pearl White. I considered the Pearl color. Actually this shade of red in my case I posted would look flat out awesome with your honor. Something about the color shade of this particular red on this case is eye catching just like the honor is. Plus the case only costs $7.95 and comes in 4 colors. White being one. I have the white one in my amazon cart now and I'm getting it on my next order on Amazon.

Yeah that red looks great! I may have to copy you.. Hehe

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I only have pictures with a case on it, let me see if I can find one with that Honor minimalist case you also have, I think.

Edit: Found it. Check out this post https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=5433837

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You guys are making me miss my blue model now lol. That's the color I originally had but ended up exchanging it for the Nexus 6p and then had to wait to reorder my Honor bc I knew I was getting it again. The blue was not available so I got the Black. Both look good but I can tell you that blue is like nothing you've ever seen in person.

I really like how the light refracts off the back. Just awesome!

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I love my case because you can still see the great design and blue colour.
c729ebbee988880c1ea58639a6c967bd.jpg

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been wanting to try a Huawei phone for a while, really like what I've seen from them, so I order the Honor 8 on a black Friday sale. Any tips and tricks yall can give me?

Download the User guide. You can find it on the Honor USA website. About 155 pages of good info.

Last edited: