Anyone using Next Lock Screen on Honor 8?

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone by chance using Next Lock Screen? I love it, but I can't get it to play nice with EMUI no matter what I do. Would be bummed to lose it. My calendar appointments don't show up on the lock screen, and when I unlock Next I briefly see the wallpaper of the system lock screen before the phone unlocks.

If not, any recommendations for good lock screen apps that work with EMUI? Here's hoping that 5 changes the way lock is handled (if it had an option for just 'Slide' as a security setting, I think that would help).

Last edited:

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not using Next, and have never tried it, but I was thinking about giving it a shot. Before installing Next did your calendar appointments show on the lock screen? I had to put my calendar, I switched to Google Calendar, in the proteched apps in the battery manager, so it would work when the phone was locked.

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Truth be told I didn't even try the default lock screen--immediately installed Next. I'll try uninstalling it and see what happens.

Edit: Uninstalled Next, put Google Calendar as protected but no calendar entries on lock screen. Did you have to set it up somehow latoncy?

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Melanizm. I've got it working now. To be honest not entirely sure which of the changes I made ultimately did it, but now my Google calendar syncs my various calendars and Next Lock shows the appointments. It's great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae