Hello to all,

Do you guys use Honor's voice command. I noticed I can't get it to recognize to text message someone but I can command a phone call. Wonder why text messaging doesn't work with voice command? What all does this option do? I've just now started messing with it.
    12-03-2016 08:46 PM
    It can also help you find your phone when you say "where are you?"
    libra89 likes this.
    12-04-2016 09:19 AM
    But I find the voice trigger to be rather oversensitive, and it kept activating when I said something else, so I ended up disabling it.
    12-04-2016 09:19 AM
    Is it an always on thing when it's active?
    12-04-2016 09:57 AM
    Yep @orangecroc
    12-05-2016 08:56 PM
    Think I'll avoid that. Not a big fan of voice commands, and I feel like an always on one would do stuff I wasn't intending if I were chatting with my phone in my hand.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-06-2016 06:15 AM
    I have a problem with the voice control. Quick dialling via the vol down key works fine. The wake-up voice command works fine. But when I then try the 'where are you?' command, or the 'call Batman' command, nothing happens. Voice command wakes the phone but once the phone is awake no other voice command is doing anything. Is this something anyone else has encontered? Do I need to switch off any other security settings first, like fingerprint id, for example?
    02-19-2017 02:24 PM
    Not only that, but it's so sensitive that sometimes it'll pick up conversations around the house.
    02-19-2017 02:41 PM
    Hmmm... Do you have Google Now on? It may be that Google Now is interfering with the microphone
    02-19-2017 02:43 PM
    I always use OK Google as that is the only command I find reliable across many Android devices. Of course, you will need to turn on the screen (not unlock) to use it.
    02-19-2017 03:01 PM
    I don't, this is the first and only voice command Ive ever tried. It's not like I ever actually lose the phone, but it would be cute to wake it and have it call someone using voice commands and I hate it when I can't get things to work and can't figure out why...
    02-19-2017 03:18 PM
    I use the voice command feature sometimes, if I'm sending a short text to my mom. Otherwise, I don't use it too often!
    02-19-2017 06:16 PM
    I am experiencing this issue as well. No news on this?
    I can wake up the phone by saying "dear honor" but it ends there. After comparing with a YouTube video, looks like the mic doesn't appear on the screen when I wake up the phone. Strange.... ... Help!
    05-02-2017 11:04 AM
    just update your phone with latest Version. At the time when i had my honor 8 brand new, this function worked.. after doing the Nougat update it didn't work.
    It showed no reaction so i turned it off. after a few weeks i had another update and had it installed. then just yesterday i was just viewing my phone setting and i activated it just like that, then i said 'Dear Honor' to test... Viola! now it works. Its working on FRD-02.
    So i say maybe there was some problem with Nougat update and they fixed it in a local update.
    Morty2264 and dpham00 like this.
    07-09-2017 08:14 AM
    just update your phone with latest Version. At the time when i had my honor 8 brand new, this function worked.. after doing the Nougat update it didn't work.
    It showed no reaction so i turned it off. after a few weeks i had another update and had it installed. then just yesterday i was just viewing my phone setting and i activated it just like that, then i said 'Dear Honor' to test... Viola! now it works. Its working on FRD-02.
    So i say maybe there was some problem with Nougat update and they fixed it in a local update.
    Thank you for letting us know! Mine was glitching after the update so I turned it off. Perhaps I should try turning it on again...

Edit: Mine seems to work now! Thank you!
    07-09-2017 08:19 PM
    No update is perfect, but I am pretty impressed with Honor working hard to fix bugs.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-10-2017 12:33 PM
    No update is perfect, but I am pretty impressed with Honor working hard to fix bugs.
    Yes, Honor is pretty impressive in that regard.
    07-10-2017 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD