Noticed a small new and cool detail even having owned this device twice!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I noticed my text message font was rather large or larger than the rest of my phone font. I searched settings high and low but of course I was unable to find anything other than the font size in Display. Then it hat me to try and see if the text message font was independent of the general font settings in Display. So I go through my text settings and still i find nothing. So the last thing I tried which I tried just because I figured why not knowing it wouldn't work but it actually did! Lol. You guys may have long known this but when your in a text message conversation you can pinch to make the font smaller or pull your fingers apart to enlarge it. Having owned this phone once before briefly and now this go round in Black for about two months and I'm still learning knew and small little details.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Wow, I never knew that, thanks for sharing! I will try it sometime!

Sometime meaning when I decide to switch to the default launcher.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it out. It works great just be ware that there is a range. You can only make it so big or so small, but it is a pretty big range

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That is definitely a nifty trick. edwin, are you using the stock messaging app?
Pretty cool I thought. I'm not sure if you use another launcher if you loose that feature. I've always liked the stock launcher that honor comes with. The only thing I've changed is my font but other than that I'm totally stock Honor 8 and I like it personally.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Some older Samsung phones did that. I had real big fonts one day on my H8 and remembered this. I would have been going crazy in the settings otherwise.. Lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My Mummy discovered this on her Samsung Edge device and imparted that piece of wisdom to me! It's a great feature!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My Mummy discovered this on her Samsung Edge device and imparted that piece of wisdom to me! It's a great feature!
Lol. Yeah I thought it was a cool subtle detail which typically the small details are actually huge factors for me to like something that much more. No doubt my iPhone 6s 128g was an awesome device. In fact I miss it as it was by far Apples best yet. I've not tried the 7 and probably won't as I'm waiting on the iPhone 8. I think it's going to have some new innovation which to me is the best part of software experience. Until then if indeed it does come true, the Honor 8 is on par with the iPhone 6s as far as an equal in my eyes. I've found really no major flaws or something I just can't stand on the Honor. At first it was a little big compared to my 6s but now I'm used to the 5.2 and although I wouldn't have considered it to be a smaller phone when I had my 4.7 6s, now I actually use it as my daily device and as my smaller one too. They put a lot of innovation in the honor 8 and just like the text font ability to enlarge or make small, it's that type of small detail or innovation of thought that went into the phone that makes it to me personally my main phone I prefer to use day in and day out. That's just my opinion though just like it is with honors software. I love it but I've read where quite a few don't. Anything that's thought of outside the box is cool to me and the honor was made outside that box.

Centralboy545

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I noticed my text message font was rather large or larger than the rest of my phone font. I searched settings high and low but of course I was unable to find anything other than the font size in Display. Then it hat me to try and see if the text message font was independent of the general font settings in Display. So I go through my text settings and still i find nothing. So the last thing I tried which I tried just because I figured why not knowing it wouldn't work but it actually did! Lol. You guys may have long known this but when your in a text message conversation you can pinch to make the font smaller or pull your fingers apart to enlarge it. Having owned this phone once before briefly and now this go round in Black for about two months and I'm still learning knew and small little details.
My LG k10 can do that also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo