Can't change alarm ringtone - stuck on default

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
The alarm ringtone on the pre-installed alarm app on my wife's phone is stuck on the default ringtone. When you press "ringtone" nothing happens.

My Honor 8 gives me a bunch of ringtone options or the option to pick music for the ringtone.

Any ideas?

I love my Honor 8, but unfortunately my wife didn't want to switch phones from her Galaxy S5 and she's resisting the change. Any issues at all with the Honor 8 aren't helping!

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Try powering it down, try clearing the cache, lastly try doing a factory reset. I have no issues with my alarm.
I've tried all those except the factory reset. It was a PITA transferring all my wife's stuff and setting up tons of accounts, so I want to try to avoid a reset.

I'm trying to sell my wife on just installing another alarm app, but it bugs her (and me to a much lesser extent) that the Huawei one isn't working.

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Got it to work. Thanks for everyone's help!

Cleared the cache again, plus cleared data, and when the clock app asked for access/permissions my wife clicked allow.

She has been denying a lot of access/permissions during set up, so maybe that was it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Got it to work. Thanks for everyone's help!

Cleared the cache again, plus cleared data, and when the clock app asked for access/permissions my wife clicked allow.

She has been denying a lot of access/permissions during set up, so maybe that was it.

That's probably it. Glad it's working!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae